• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden [closed for now]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey @Quickleaf!

I noticed I didn’t used the latest version for the Goblin race (I used Volo’s instead of Mordenkainen). If ok with you, I’ll update it. It’s likely more balanced, because in Volo’s version, fury of the small (level bonus to damage) recharges on a short rest, and with your home brewed 10 minutes short rests, it’d be usable rather often. I also don’t mind Fey Ancestry ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Quickleaf

Legend
Hey @Quickleaf!

I noticed I didn’t used the latest version for the Goblin race (I used Volo’s instead of Mordenkainen). If ok with you, I’ll update it. It’s likely more balanced, because in Volo’s version, fury of the small (level bonus to damage) recharges on a short rest, and with your home brewed 10 minutes short rests, it’d be usable rather often. I also don’t mind Fey Ancestry ;-)
Cheers,

SG
Yep! Between Jack, Russet, Corse, and you, the party has some BFE (big fey energy).

Maybe we can say your clan was more fey-ish, while most goblins in the Spine of the World less so.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Yep! Between Jack, Russet, Corse, and you, the party has some BFE (big fey energy).

Maybe we can say your clan was more fey-ish, while most goblins in the Spine of the World less so.
Sounds good. I’m going for a good aligned green little bugger, so perhaps his entire clan was leaning towards good, hence why they were picked on and eventually wiped out.
Cheers,

Sg

Quickleaf

Legend
@Steve Gorak Sounds good. I wrote up your summoned beast, in case you want to copy/paste to your sheet. Thought it'd be handy to have quick reference...

Aric's Summoned Beast (2nd level)
Small beast
AC 13 (11 + spell level)
HP 20 (Air only), 30 (Land and Water only) (+5 per spell level above 2nd)
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft. (Land only), fly 60 ft. (Air only), swim 30 ft. (Water only)
Str 18 (+4) Dex 11 (+0) Con 16 (+3) Int 4 (-3) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 5 (-3)
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 12

Flyby (Air Only). The beast doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy’s reach.

Pack Tactics (Land and Water Only). The beast has advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of the beast’s allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn’t incapacitated.

Water Breathing (Water Only). The beast can breathe only underwater.

Actions

Maul.
Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit (spell attack modifier), reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 6 piercing damage (1d8 + 4 + spell's level).

Quickleaf

Legend
Lol, every time I look at the game, a page has past.

I gather we are being told of some murders and are gathering info, and there’s a card game going on. I’ll try to make my card post in a bit. It’s hard to do when it’s all on a phone. Not sure if/when I’ll be able to get a computer again.
If you need me or anyone to cover dice rolls or anything – I know Coyote Code is clunky on a phone – just let us know?

This campaign should last a while, so chances are computer troubles will come up for a couple of us.

Quickleaf

Legend
In case we have any premature PC changes/deaths, I've updated my Character Secrets document so that any secrets you already have, I've created alternate secrets to avoid repetition (doubling up is ok too). I'm not going to upload that yet – to preserve your secrets – but here are the new ones fyi:
  • Auril's Fickle Ire - must sacrifice to Auril or increased blizzard chance, if sacrificing consistently gain a supernatural charm
  • Bounty - there's a bounty on you, but criminals accept you as one of them
  • Dead at Dawn - you have fated duel in your future that you're unlikely to survive, but if you win gain a level
  • Dragon Geased - dragon has geased you to give it information, during blizzard you can commune with it
  • Hosttower Exile - former apprentice of an Arcane Brotherhood mage
  • Reformed Cultist - loathed by Auril's cult but familiar with its members
  • Targos Rebel - trying to overthrow new speaker in Targos, with contacts
  • Wendigo - possessed by spirit that grants you Wounded Fury when it takes control
  • Youth and Beauty Everlasting - can't die of age, even though you want to

Quickleaf

Legend
Wondering what to do next? The plan some players proposed was get info in town in Bryn Shander first. Besides talking to town Speaker Duvessa Shane & Sheriff Markham in the tavern, some possible leads in town:
  1. Visit the House of the Triad where the priest's murder happened (it's now occupied by Auril worshippers)
  2. Hit the chilly nighttime streets of Bryn Shander to ask around about anyone seeing Torrga's crew
Possible leads outside of town
  1. Do some tracking to pick up the trail of Torrga's caravan (either this night before more snow falls, or in the morning)
  2. Use Alma's astronomical predication to attempt to go to the next town you think the killer will strike
  3. Use what you've surmised about roads to head to the town you think Torrga and her caravan are at
Or just have fun kicking around the tavern ;)

Remove ads