[OOC] Return of the Runelords

Kaodi

Hero
I think the minor connection would be fine. Teea has a mishap while experimenting with dragonpowder and Shendra arrives on the scene and tends her wounds. The fact that Teea is a bit younger could trigger Shendra's instincts to look after her (even though her own daughter would still be in the six to eight range).

With Mei Ying I am thinking that the connection could rely on a generous reading of Shendra's Whispered Glimpses ability: the arcanist is interested in the Thassilonians and the Runelords and as such Shendra received some particularly strong intuitions about her and her interests. Shendra then used her tremendous people skills to make a favourable impression on Mei and they struck up a casual friendship. For Mei's part perhaps she has a feeling there is something she ought to recognize about Shendra as well, whether it is her Azlanti appearance, much stronger than the echoes seen in native Varisians and Shoanti, or her actual resemblance to a Runelord.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
'Minor' and 'major' were referring to the severity of Teea's injuries. :)

What did you think of the fortune teller idea? It's a great way to influence people :devil:

@Shayuri: Sure, I'm open for both options. Which would you prefer?

Shayuri

First Post
I think I'd prefer if Mei was around for the disaster. Makes things easier to integrate, and I'm not sure offhand why she'd come back if she felt matters in Roderick's Cove were handled to her satisfaction. This way she can be a relatively recent arrival, and eager to get going on her journey.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
oik! I am running out of time for lunch! here is a rough entry for some more history. The inter webs ate the last time I posted it:

father: fire elementalist that tried to use nature magic to run like a wolf and got stuck in that form

Mother: air elementalist, human, who tried to help him, run an apothecary and give birth. too much for her and died giving birth. . . . .

Father, now with paws instead of hands teaches son how to be an alchemist in hopes of finding a different way of returning his half elf body.

Some years later, a werewolf did some killing and locals blamed his father, who had to flee leaving his son at age 23.

detect magic mishap happened at age 25; was with wizard's guild until 27; searching local flora in Roderick's cove until age 29.

so this is what I was thinking. what do you all think?

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
I do not think fortune teller really fits well with my mental picture of her, unfortunately. She wants to project "sophisticated courtier" more than nomadic mystic.

Binder Fred

There's ways to do both (exclusive noblewoman dilettante), but ok

Hm. So did Shendra mention something that grabbed Teea's interest during their one midnight conversation? What have her days been filled with during her month (months?) in Roderick Cove (before or after the conversation)? Does she help the poor?

(Looking for some reason for the both of them to care or interact)

Binder Fred

@Shayuri: Ah, Just to note that the disaster happened far enough in her past for Teea to have grieved, the matter with her aunt to arise and her to have settled-in with her uncle (i.e. at least a few weeks?). Mei Ying should also, ideally, to my mind, have been there long enough *before* the disaster to have forged a bond with Teea and her family - since that's sort of the point? (Also at least a few weeks, months even better?)

So 'recent arrival' doesn't seem to quite fit with the rest? Maybe Mei Ying came to Roderick Cove for the Tian connection, stayed for the winter, and only found evidence of a possible Thassilonean connection on her expedition out of town, prompting her to return unexpectedly?

Or did you mean that 'relatively recent', really relative?

(Also, also, maybe some of the other PCs could have been in on that short expedition?)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
oik! I am running out of time for lunch! here is a rough entry for some more history. The inter webs ate the last time I posted it:

father: fire elementalist that tried to use nature magic to run like a wolf and got stuck in that form

Mother: air elementalist, human, who tried to help him, run an apothecary and give birth. too much for her and died giving birth. . . . .

Father, now with paws instead of hands teaches son how to be an alchemist in hopes of finding a different way of returning his half elf body.

Some years later, a werewolf did some killing and locals blamed his father, who had to flee leaving his son at age 23.

detect magic mishap happened at age 25; was with wizard's guild until 27; searching local flora in Roderick's cove until age 29.

so this is what I was thinking. what do you all think?

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Nah, Shendra is pretty cagey about who she is and where she comes from with most people. I do not think it is necessary that they know each other much beyond having met, as long as also have mutual friends in other party members. She also does not generally heal for free, just Teea got lucky with providence and being young. Kids are her soft spot, so insofar as a child is poor she will heal them for little to nothing at all.

Remove ads