(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
This was my original rogues gallery version of him. Obviously some adjustments will be needed to make him fit into this campaign. But his backstory shouldn't be too horrible a transition.

[Sblock]Dandin Applesbane
Lightfoot Halfling / 1st-level Bard / CN

View attachment 82386

BACKGROUND

Dandin grew up on the streets. He got caught stealing once. Once. After that he was far more careful and learned to rely more on his wits and his natural charisma. Eventually, he caught the eye of one of the local merchants who brought him in as an apprentice. Over the ensuing 5 years he learned much of the business world and more importantly, how to wheel and deal with the best of them. Eventually he earned enough to set himself up with a cart, a mule and a small load of supplies. Bidding his mentor goodbye he set off towards his destiny.

ROLE-PLAYING
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality Trait: Haggles tirelessly, Always trying to figure out what makes people tick.
Bond: The Bazaar where I learned my trade is the most important place in the world for me.
Ideal: In it for the freedom to do what he pleases, and make some coin on the side.
Flaw: I'm never satisfied with what I have. I always want more.

APPEARANCE
Height: 2' 10"
Weight: 38 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

STATS
Str 8 (-1)
Dex 16 (+3)
Con 12 (+1)
Int 14 (+2)
Wis 14 (+2)
Cha 14 (+2)

_: 4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 3, 6, 1] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 5, 4, 5] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 3, 2, 3] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 1, 4, 5] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 4, 4, 6] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 4, 2, 2] = 8

HP 9
AC 14 (leather 11 + dex 3)
Prof Bonus +2
Init +3

Speed: 25 ft.
Senses:

BACKGROUND: Guild Artisan(Merchant var.)
Skill Prof: Insight, Persuasion
Languages: (+2)
Feature: Guild Membership

RACE: Lightfoot Halfling
+2 Dex, +1 Cha
Speed 25 ft.
Lucky: Reroll 1's on Attack, Abil check, Save throws. Must keep second result.
Brave: Adv. on saves vs. frightened.
Halfling Nimbleness: Move through the space of any creature that is larger than self.
Languages: Common, Halfling
Naturally Stealthy: May attempt to hide even when obscured only by a creature that is at least 1 size cat. larger than self.

CLASS: Bard 1
Hit Dice: 1d8
Saves: Dex, Cha
Skills: (3)
Spellcasting:
Cantrips Known: (2)
Spells Known: (4)
Spell Slots: 1st (2)
Save DC: 12
Spell Attack Mod: +4
Ritual Casting
Focus (Musical Instrument)
Bardic Inspiration (1d6, 0/2 used)

PROFICIENCIES & SAVES
Armor: Light
Weapons: Simple Weapons, Hand xbows, Longswords, Rapiers, Shortswords
Tools: Flute, Dulcimer, Lyre

SKILLS
Deception
Insight
Performance
Persuasion
Stealth

Languages: Common, Halfling, Elvish, Dwarvish

Spells:
Cantrips
Minor Illusion
Viscious Mockery
1st Level slots used
Comprehend Languages
Detect Magic
Identify
Faerie Fire

ATTACKS
Rapier +5, 1d8+3(P), Finesse

EQUIPMENT ( 21.5/ 40 lbs comfortably carry / 120 lbs max carry)
Coinage: Gold (12), Silver (7), Copper (8)
(Starting Equipment as Class +Background)
Rapier
Dagger
Sling (60 bullets)
Flute
Leather Armor
Traveler's Clothes

Cart: (Mule pulled)
Chest
Set of fine clothes, Bottle of Ink, Ink pen, lamp, flask of oil (2), Sheets of paper(5), Case (map/scroll)(2), Vial of perfume, sealing wax, soap, Bedroll, Blanket (2)[/sblock]

Squirrels are evil!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I'm interested. I've had an idea for a human rogue based on Wisdom and Charisma. I think he would be fun to play, but not especially powerful in combat -- ideally he'd be a ranged combatant primarily. Expertise in Deception, and maybe Insight.

Ties: born in Daggerford; maybe the high school sweetheart of Sherlen Miller, but she had a purpose and he's always sort of drifted by on being nice and occasionally helpful. He's often on the wrong side of the law, but only for small things, and maybe it's just to spend time with her. Doesn't style himself as an adventurer.

Sources: PHB, variant human; eventually SCAG's Investigator. I'd like the availability of the Magic Stone Cantrip (EEPC), which allows him to use a sling for sneak attack, which he'd get with the Magic Initiate Feat.

(Also, I see another rogue pitched above; I think more than one is fine, esp. since mine wouldn't be optimized; but I'm not trying to tread on toes, and it's okay if for party balance you choose others. I am in other PbP games already.)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm leaning towards a Noble Human Fighter, perhaps related to the Duke in some way. A knight, as it were. Honestly, I'd like to do Variant Human and take the Ritual Caster Feat.

Sounds good. Perhaps a cousin who normally lives in Waterdeep or elsewhere, but is visiting.

I usually imagine PCs as the "People who step up when trouble starts." They can be anyone, really, but they step up.

tglassy

Adventurer
(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full-ish)

Name: no name yet
Race: Lawful Good Human
Class: Fighter 1
Background: Waterdhavian Noble

HP: 12
AC: 18 (chain shirt

Str: 16
Dex: 10
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 8
Cha: 12

Skills:
History
Persuasion
Athletics
Perception

Proficiencies:
All Armor
Shields
All Weapons
Strength/Con Saving throws
Gaming set: Cards

Languages:
Common
Draconic
Elvish

Weapons:
Longsword: +5/1d8+5
Hand crossbow: +2/1d6

Feat: Ritual Caster

Rituals:
Find Familiar (Celestial Hawk)
Detect Magic

FEATURE: KEPT IN STYLE
While you are in Waterdeep or elsewhere in the North your house sees to your everyday needs. Your name signet are sufficient to cover most of your expenses; the inns, taverns, and festhalls you frequent are glad to re- cord your debt and send an accounting to your family's estate in Waterdeep to settle what you owe.
This advantage enables you to live a comfortable life- style without having to pay 2 gp a day for it, or reduces the cost of a wealthy or aristocratic lifestyle by that amount. You may not maintain a less affluent lifestyle and use the difference as income-the benefit is a line of credit, not an actual monetary reward.

Class Features:
Fighting Style - Dueling
Second Wind

Equipment:
Chain Mail
Longsword
Hand Crossbow (20 bolts)
Shield
Explorers Pack
A set of travelers clothes
A signet ring
8 gp

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm interested. I've had an idea for a human rogue based on Wisdom and Charisma.

Ties: born in Daggerford; maybe the high school sweetheart of Sherlen Miller, but she had a purpose and he's always sort of drifted by on being nice and occasionally helpful. He's often on the wrong side of the law, but only for small things, and maybe it's just to spend time with her. Doesn't style himself as an adventurer.

I love that background. Let's do it. I don't mind two rogues, if it happens. They can be built pretty differently. (And as a fan of the class, I know what they can do.)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Never sure which languages to take. I get two extra. What do you suggest?

Think about whether you want to speak to your allies, or your enemies. And then decide who those people are.

When you've got two, you can do one of each.

Also, if you are a Waterdavian noble, it could be something like Elvish or Draconic, both of which I imagine to be taught like French and Latin, are to nobles throughout history in the real world.

tglassy

Adventurer
I'd actually rather have the Waterdhavian Noble
Feature. Everything else is the same.

FEATURE: KEPT IN STYLE
While you are in Waterdeep or elsewhere in the North your house sees to your everyday needs. Your name signet are sufficient to cover most of your expenses; the inns, taverns, and festhalls you frequent are glad to re- cord your debt and send an accounting to your family's estate in Waterdeep to settle what you owe.
This advantage enables you to live a comfortable life- style without having to pay 2 gp a day for it, or reduces the cost of a wealthy or aristocratic lifestyle by that amount. You may not maintain a less affluent lifestyle and use the difference as income-the benefit is a line of credit, not an actual monetary reward.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases