(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I’m now leaning towards Pact of the Blade, because of the Smite spells and Invocations the Blade Pact gets.

It's kind of what I was expecting in the first place, and you can do what you want, but last time we talked about it, you were thinking about turning Morwin into a little sphinx-like creature (using an Imp's statblock) that I assume came from some kind of familiar pact? (I've never played a warlock).

tglassy

Adventurer
Yeah, one of the Pact Boon options is Pact of the Chain, where the Warlock gets a special Familiar that can attack and has a higher DC. An Imp is a popular option, because it has Devil’s Sight, can fly and turn invisible at will, can polymorph into different things and has a poisonous sting. I’d thought about that, because one of the Invocations The Warlock can get while having the Pact of the Chain allows him to always heal the maximum dice roll, rather than having to roll, as long as his familiar is within 100 ft. Since the reason he’s delving in to these strange powers is he doesn’t want to die, that would be a great choice.

But Pact of the Blade might be too good to pass up for an Eldritch Knight/Warlock. He’d be able to have any weapon at any time, dismiss and summon it at will, and the new Invocations means he could Smite with it by expending a spell slot like a Paladin, or even get an Improved Pact Weapon, which makes it +1 and has the ability to become a bow or crossbow as well.

Roll play would be easier with the Familiar. Combat would be easier with the Blade.

The problem I have is that Titus already has access to half of each of the boons. As an Eldritch Knight, he can bond with a weapon and teleport it to himself. The Pact of the Blade will allow him to also always have any weapon he wants, and be able to Smite with it.

With the Ritual Feat, he can already do wizard rituals, which is most of them, but with the Book of Shadows, he’d get 3 more cantrips and access to all Rituals. This is my least favorite option, because reasons.

And he already has a Familiar, but the having an invisible flying familiar can literally break exploration or scouting quests.

I don’t really need to pick now, obviously. Earliest would be next level, and who knows how long that’ll take. But I can’t help pondering character advancement.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
So, you said Dandin collected a fee? How much? Also, it's been some time since we started the adventure and I don't remember all the details, but we were just supposed to basically scout the place out. Would there be a bonus for actually saving the town? Maybe a reward to the party from the Duke? (Considering Julkoun apparently owes him fealty?)

Also, Dandin at least still has a significant chunk of gold from before they started let alone loot we've found. Any chance of him doing some shopping while back in Daggerford? Possibly for others as well?

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Also, I went back through all of the encounters between leaving Daggerford and the Shorgg fight. Here's the list of loot we've collected along the way most of which hasn't been divvied properly yet. Just need a bit of GM checks/updates on this and we can split it.

Bugbears in farmhouse: 45 gp coins/lootables
Orc tower: 22 G, 68 Silver, 26 Copper
Elf trading: 50 gp
Goblin work gang: (coin purses? No response)
Barracks room: 428 GP(Used as offering to Chauntea), Wolfskin cloak(Titus), Boots of Striding and Springing(Tommi), Electrum Brooch(200gp also Titus?)
Shorgg: (Tommi's dagger), Archer's loot?(Dandin checked her but no response)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I had at one point noticed that Tommi and Titus took a lot of the loot, but no one spoke up so I shrugged and moved on. (For instance, I had originally considered the Wolfskin Cloak to be for Dandin, but the dynamic works well I suppose. I'll have to come up with something else for Dandin soon.)

I'll admit, I'm not the most generous when it comes to treasure. That said, I ADDED a lot compared to what's listed in the adventure. The only magic item that's from the adventure text is the boots. Everything else is potions, which you got and used. (Your list didn't mention the potion of Climbing, that was in a building you guys never went in,, but I mentioned it in my last post).

Let's see... the archer and the other officers had about 90gp in various coins and gems. That was missed.
The Electrum Brooch was definitely supposed to be cash, but more interesting.
The goblin work gang didn't bring money with them, they had no use for it. They left it in the barracks.
A LOT of the loot would have belonged to the town. I don't know how much you want to rob them and then expect a reward on top of it. Still, risking your life shouldn't be free, and you certainly have all your living expenses paid for whenever you're in Julkoun.
You'll have some rep in Daggerford as well, and all over the Vale, soon enough.
The town simply doesn't have anything left to give you, and you haven't returned to Daggerford yet to speak with Sir Isteval and the Duke, both of whom might reward you. That ought to play out, I think.

Dandin can absolutely do as much shopping as he pleases. Depending on who he's shopping with, and what for, he might get some pretty good deals as word gets out on what he's done.

I'll keep in mind that Angis and Dandin should get the next magic items, though.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Okay, we'll add the 90 to the pot and call it even on the loot front. Honestly, while I was interested in the cloak, I think it fits Titus better anyways.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I'm looking at 407 Gp, 68 S and 26 Copper all told. Technically we should share some of the gold with the elves, but considering how much loot Dandin inadvertently heaped at the feet of the statue I'd like to say that they got their share out of that value. (I didn't expect there to be that much there anyways.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases