(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You all know how I like to run little encounters. Here's another small one. [/self-deprecating-sarcasm]

Just so we're clear:

1) The line about Escella and Tommi being out-of-breath is fluff, no exhaustion.
2) Angis is 30 feet to the right of where he appears to be (at L13). I had to move the roof back so we could see inside.
3) It looks straight, but the road curves to the south right as it leaves the map. Even though you could probably shoot further, this is about where the orcs come into view.
4) Escella and Tommi have probably been in sight for at least two rounds, and have let you all know what is coming.
5) Feel free to jockey for positions around the arrow-loops if you need to.
6) If you're a cleric or bard (ahem, you know who you are) and you want to give out some pre-round buffs, just let me know what they are. (Same goes for Escella - she may have already cast Expeditious Retreat, but just hasn't left Tommi behind yet).

Otherwise, now's the time to open fire!

PS. One way to use the arrow-loops for multiple people will be to move up to them, do your action, then back off. @Neurotic can have the Elf Guards do that too so that no one is monopolising their use. They will provide +5 AC, but it's still possible that someone might get shot through them! If I happen to manage to shoot you (which isn't really all that likely), and you feel like you should be behind the wall, just remember, that the orcs probably fired when they saw movement beyond the arrow-loop. (This of course, only pertains to me shooting at you IF you used the arrow-loop to shoot at them. I hope you understand what I mean and that it makes sense to you.

There was no time for exp retreat if they're that close. I thought they were much further away. Otherwise she wouldn't have gone out.

5. Given the movement rules, people can easily share an arrow slit. You step in, fire, and step out.

The gatehouse is two stories, right?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
There was no time for exp retreat if they're that close. I thought they were much further away. Otherwise she wouldn't have gone out.

5. Given the movement rules, people can easily share an arrow slit. You step in, fire, and step out.

The gatehouse is two stories, right?
I'm not sure you understood my post. Escella and Tommi went several minutes out and back again. They didn't start out that close. They were just moving quickly and overtook you on the way back. (Well, they didn't totally overtake you, you're still ahead. They just caught up enough that this is where everyone is at at the point that Angis and the ranged attackers can start firing at them).

5) Yes, I thought of that too, that's what my PS says.

As you can see, the road is exceptionally wide. (It narrows as it leaves the map - it's not seventy-feet wide for very long). I chose to interpret it as extremely arched - it's higher in the middle than on the sides. The two side-towers are two-stories (a stable below the south tower, and a shed below the north tower). The middle-part, the main gate, is only one floor, but it's level with the second floor of the towers, if you see what I mean.

Remove ads