(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Happy New Year!
And I am sorry for being absent for a couple of weeks. Anyways, I have updated Lionel Hardcheese to level 5. He gets Uncanny Dodge, Sneak Attack +3D6 and 43HP. The only magic item Lionel has is a Wolf-Pelt Cloak that he won from Titus in a lucky chance of cards.
It works pretty much like a Druid's Wild Shape: Put the hood up, turn into a wolf. I think it lasts 8 hours, or until you get "killed". Recharges every night at midnight.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Okay, a few OOC facts for you (that your characters would be well aware of):

Here's what the gatehouse looks like:

FloshinGate0.jpg

... After I wrote all that stuff about Lionel and the War Wagon making for the manor house, I realised that there were no stables, nor anywhere at all to PUT the War Wagon. I came up with a solution. The road arches in the middle. The "top" and "bottom" guard rooms have a shed (top) and a stables (bottom) one floor down. If you squint, you can see things that I'm going to call the narrow, ladder-like stairs at N13 and O20. The exterior doors are disguised as solid wall (magic), and locked tight during an attack. Tommi's waterfall, should he go that way, is Top Left.

SO... your choice if you want to defend from INSIDE or OUTSIDE (you can split up if you like). You have enough time to hitch up the War Wagon, and you can place it anywhere on the map. It will be quite the target for the attackers, I suppose, but their goal is to breach the gates.

I am also happy to allow a couple of characters to go scout, so you know what's coming ahead of time. If you do, I'd like one of each of Athletics (running); Stealth (keeping hidden); and Perception (observing the enemy) checks. Don't worry too much about one or two bad rolls, it'll just make it exciting. (Totally flubbing it might be bad, though). Tommi can do this if he goes up by the stairs, but the waterfall climb might take too long. Though I like the idea, so If you DO climb up by the waterfall, I'll come up with some reward for the interesting attempt.

Let's get this game going again!

Escella is willing. She's been scouting the orcs for weeks now. Stealth and Perception are her expertise skills. (Athletics, not so much) But if she really needs to run, she can always use expeditious retreat.

I'm not sure how this idea comes to her though or who she would tell. "Hey, I'm going to step out for a bit."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Escella is willing. She's been scouting the orcs for weeks now. Stealth and Perception are her expertise skills. (Athletics, not so much) But if she really needs to run, she can always use expeditious retreat.

I'm not sure how this idea comes to her though or who she would tell. "Hey, I'm going to step out for a bit."
Probably would come up when someone asks, "So how many are we up against?"

Shrugs all around.

"I guess someone better go take a look!"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis is better in melee, but he's not stupid enough to give up a fortified position LOL

Is there a way to use the war wagon from inside, or possibly dismount the crossbow and put it on the roof or something? Maybe protect it with some sandbags for cover or something? I suppose we could keep it inside in case of a breech, too.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I don't see why you can't take the mounted crossbow off the wagon and put it on the roof, if you like. Angis should be capable of the basic engineering. Cover won't be quite as good as staying inside, but you can quickly build enough cover with hay bales and sandbags for +2 AC while manning it.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Sounds like a solid strategy. No point in splitting our forces when we've got a choke point to hold. That space looks tight as all get-out. Ol'Sooty will definitely have to wait farther in, in case we get pushed back. If he has to 'squeeze' through that cooridor it could suck.

Remove ads