(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
A little behind-the-scenes look at my PBP DMing process:

I do all of my writing in my head, and when I find the time, I sit down and type it in. Unfortunately, when the days are busy (like they've been lately) I get far enough behind that I start to forget details. For some reason, it's nearly impossible to get myself to start over, so instead, when I get behind, I have to spend a huge amount of extra effort trying to dredge the story out of the back of my brain. I'd hate to miss any of the mid-sized or bigger details - I'm never worried about the small stuff. But I don't want to get anything "wrong".

This is the case here. I have a story for Tommi in the cellars and one for Escella at night. Not wanting to leave anyone out, I've got smaller bits for Angis, Dandin, and Vairar. There's a pretty big story for Titus that's been building since tglassy still played him, and I want to find a time to use it.

But I'm struggling to find the time to put the proper effort into dragging them all out of my head. It's easier when it's a faster thing; usually I come up with the story at night when I should be sleeping and I write it in the morning while drinking my coffee.

When I get weeks behind, like I have here, it becomes harder.

I'll get it down soon, I promise. I may have to split it up into smaller chunks just to get it out. You may see me make short posts with one character at a time over the next few days. Once that's done, we'll regain our momentum.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Maybe you could write down snippets when you have time and only once you have enough time put it all together?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Huh. Just realized Angis is over carrying capacity. I should get rid of some of those axes he's carrying around from killing those orcs in the tower on the way to Joulkoon, I suppose. Can I convert them to gold/half gold? Or sell them somewhere. Otherwise I guess the elves just have a lot of orc axes left in their armory...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Huh. Just realized Angis is over carrying capacity. I should get rid of some of those axes he's carrying around from killing those orcs in the tower on the way to Joulkoon, I suppose. Can I convert them to gold/half gold? Or sell them somewhere. Otherwise I guess the elves just have a lot of orc axes left in their armory...
You probably sold them long ago in Daggerford. Feel free to half their value and add it to his sheet.

Remove ads