(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'm firmly at 3.

In Croatia the euro craziness ended (I was at 2 all of the last year) - now even those things that were delayed due that process are wrapping up and I can see the light in the close future. So, the faster the better. But I'm fine either way, I enjoy playing, so...whatever works (#1)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Honestly, with my own inconsistent presence online, I'm on 1 ("just want to play, fast or slow").

That holds true for pretty much all my PbP games. Some of the slower ones are easier for me to keep up with and the faster ones almost move too quickly, but fortunately posting whenever I can helps me stay in the game.

(Playing an NPC occassionally in your Folly games is a lot easier, because I can drop in when I want and leave it up to you as DM the rest of the time. I feel no pressure there. :) )

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm new to your game, I'm number one, I can adapt. I would prefer faster, but I know for a fact this is not your only game ;)

I don't think you count as "new" any more, but I appreciate your feedback!

The general gist I am getting, in all my games, is that most of you feel the same as I do:

We'd PREFER it to be faster (except when we're personally busy), but we're putting up okay when its slow.

The conclusion I have come to is: I am going to work to get things moving along faster.

Hopefully you'll all help me. For example: If you check an IC thread and it hasn't moved along since the last time you checked it, feel free to make a quick (one sentence is enough) RP line that comments on some aspect of a recent event (for example, what your character thinks of something that happened this round, or something that they'd like to do next.)

Something like, "Grottur looked to the stairs and wondered if more gnolls would be coming down, or if the group would have ascend them while under arrow-fire."

It's an in-character way of pushing the thread to the top of my feed, and the story back into my mind.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Honestly, with my own inconsistent presence online, I'm on 1 ("just want to play, fast or slow").

That holds true for pretty much all my PbP games. Some of the slower ones are easier for me to keep up with and the faster ones almost move too quickly, but fortunately posting whenever I can helps me stay in the game.

(Playing an NPC occassionally in your Folly games is a lot easier, because I can drop in when I want and leave it up to you as DM the rest of the time. I feel no pressure there. :) )

You're one of the few who chose other than "3 or 4" and I appreciate another perspective. I'll nudge you if you fall behind, and I'll skip you (or take your turn myself) if I have to in order to keep things moving. It should work out fine.
(Of course, this is assuming I manage to pull off my speed pickup goal).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
We seem to be waiting on @Prickly Pear who probably is so used to my games going slowly that they haven't logged on lately to check. I'm actively doing my best to pick up the pace, so I'll wait a bit longer and then roll the round. Actually, I may do it right away. Prickly, if you read this after-the-fact, just take two turns in the following round.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@FitzTheRuke did my attempt at picking the lock work?

Edit:
21 or 11 if it was with disadvantage
Did I not respond to that? Weird. I swear that I lost at least one written post in this thread, because I remember writing that you succeeded, and my notes even showed that I had resolved Tommi, Lunn, and Vairar's turns, yet I had to do it again when I posted this morning.

At any rate, yes. The rat-bones click into the lock. They are stuck and broken, but they did the job.

Did I not respond to that? Weird. I swear that I lost at least one written post in this thread, because I remember writing that you succeeded, and my notes even showed that I had resolved Tommi, Lunn, and Vairar's turns, yet I had to do it again when I posted this morning.

At any rate, yes. The rat-bones click into the lock. They are stuck and broken, but they did the job.
no worries, thanks.

Just to clarify: I've been imprisoned for days (or weeks?). I'd originally figured I could only cast cantrips but you went and dangled that Web component in front of me - like toy mouse in front of a cat....

Casting it will require a check? There's a few other spells that don't require material components as well. Will those require checks or are we going to say I only have enough mojo for one spell?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
no worries, thanks.

Just to clarify: I've been imprisoned for days (or weeks?). I'd originally figured I could only cast cantrips but you went and dangled that Web component in front of me - like toy mouse in front of a cat....

Casting it will require a check? There's a few other spells that don't require material components as well. Will those require checks or are we going to say I only have enough mojo for one spell?

Days, yes. As a Red Wizard, Theggar would have done his best to make sure that you couldn't replenish your spells, but you've been subtly working on it. At this point, you have your cantrips and let's say you're pretty sure that you can pull off that web spell from hazy memory, a little luck, and that spider's web with a dc12 INT check.

Remove ads