(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Are the gnoll climbing through the window armed? Or are their weapon stowed because they are climbing?
Let's see... one is boosting the other up, by leaning against the wall and letting the other climb him. They are archers - armed with longbows and hand-axes. The boostER is still holding his bow and the boosEE is holding a hand-axe while bracing himself in the window frame and hacking out the stained-glass to get through.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As you all probably are aware, many PBP games fade out from general player and GM flakiness. Now, I'd like to think that I'm one of the more reliable PBP GMs, but I admit to being a little shaky lately.

I'd like to get your feedback on the overall pacing of THIS GAME (if you are in any of my other games, I'm going to cut-and-paste this there too, so please think about each game individually and answer for each - they are not created equal!) AND your overall satisfaction. To make things easy for you, I'm going to give you six choices (you could roll a d6 on this chart, but it would be better if you just pick your answer!)

Question:
How are you currently feeling about the pace of this game and how's your morale doing playing it?

Answers:
1) I just like to play. Slow. Fast. Whatever's good.
2) I'm enjoying it as it is and I prefer it slow - I'm pretty busy.
3) I'm enjoying it. I'd like it if the pace picked up, but I'll put up with slow if I have to.
4) I like the game, but I'd really rather it moved faster. Can we pick up the pace?
5) I'm dangerously close to losing interest but I'm sticking around to see if it improves.
6) I've lost interest due to pacing but I haven't gotten around to quitting yet.

No matter what your answer, there's no hard feelings! (AND feel free to add some caveats to your pick if you want to give me a more nuanced answer).

For my part, I think my own answer would be 3 or sometimes 4.

Thanks for your consideration, and thanks for playing.

As you all probably are aware, many PBP games fade out from general player and GM flakiness. Now, I'd like to think that I'm one of the more reliable PBP GMs, but I admit to being a little shaky lately.

I'd like to get your feedback on the overall pacing of THIS GAME (if you are in any of my other games, I'm going to cut-and-paste this there too, so please think about each game individually and answer for each - they are not created equal!) AND your overall satisfaction. To make things easy for you, I'm going to give you six choices (you could roll a d6 on this chart, but it would be better if you just pick your answer!)

Question:
How are you currently feeling about the pace of this game and how's your morale doing playing it?

Answers:
1) I just like to play. Slow. Fast. Whatever's good.
2) I'm enjoying it as it is and I prefer it slow - I'm pretty busy.
3) I'm enjoying it. I'd like it if the pace picked up, but I'll put up with slow if I have to.
4) I like the game, but I'd really rather it moved faster. Can we pick up the pace?
5) I'm dangerously close to losing interest but I'm sticking around to see if it improves.
6) I've lost interest due to pacing but I haven't gotten around to quitting yet.

No matter what your answer, there's no hard feelings! (AND feel free to add some caveats to your pick if you want to give me a more nuanced answer).

For my part, I think my own answer would be 3 or sometimes 4.

Thanks for your consideration, and thanks for playing.
Hi, I know I'm new here so I really haven't gotten an opportunity to lose interest in the game yet and, maybe my opinion doesn't carry as much weight but, in an ideal world, where clouds were made of cotton candy and rivers were chocolate, I'd enjoy reading a new post every morning like the daily newspaper. Which, I know, is a bit crazy.

So, really, any pace is a good pace for me but getting to read (but not necessarily WRITE) a new post a few times week would be great. Which probably puts me at a 3 or a 4?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I am at a 4, but with this game particularly, I have thought about quitting. I don't want to, but this is the one that would go if I were to lose one (so that puts me between 4 and 5?).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I am at a 4, but with this game particularly, I have thought about quitting. I don't want to, but this is the one that would go if I were to lose one (so that puts me between 4 and 5?).

And yet Tommi is the only character of the original 8 to make it this far!

Which is probably part of the issue. I know that I lose morale for a game when things that I've set up get dropped with dropped players. (such as Titus' whole backstory, which I am trying to transfer elements to Escella).

If it makes any difference to you, I think we're about 80% done the story that I wanted to tell. Of course, that's still quite a long way from wrapping up. One of the things I've learned from this game (and the others) is that it is MUCH better PBP to NEVER run "adventure path"-style adventures (like most 5e hardcover adventures). They're simply far too long for PBP.

Remove ads