OOC: [T20] High Law and Low Justice

DrZombie

First Post
You're free to take him back as soon as we're planetside. I'll post my new character tonight, that is if my wife isn't in labour by then :p .

DrZombie

First Post
Maerdwyn, I don't know how you're gonna play this, but I can see a few ways of getting my new char into this:

[sblock]

- Scouts never retire. He could be assigned to the group as a sort of "unofficial" bodyguard by the scouts. Maybe helping out when the criminal underworld wants to take them out, him being at the right place at the right time, purely coincidental, offcourse.

- He could be a new crewmember. That would mean we'd have to secure a new ship first. I don't know how long that will take, but unless you fast-forward a little, that might take a few weeks of posting, at least.

The char is ready, I just need to be able to post it, wich shouldn't take too long.
[/sblock]

DrZombie

First Post
The bare bones of my character are in the RG, I'll update soonish.

Maerdwyn :
[sblock]
Quick background history : muc as was written before:
Planat far far away, recently revisited by a scout explorer for the first time after the long night.
The planat has descended to barbarism, TL 4.

The character is the son of a lord, and was one of the few that dared visit the site were a glowing star fell grom the sky last night. He discouvers an escape pod with a severely wounded scout in it. The scout recovers after a long winter in wich he had nothing else to do but fill the young warriors head with fanct tales of the empire. When spring returns they return to the escape pod and start repairing the power and the radio, the scout teaching the young warrior as he scrounges the ship for spare parts to make the damn thing work again.
The signal gets picked up by a search team out looking for the scout, and the scout get picked up, along with the young barbarian who just cannot let this opportunity slip.

He works hard and get accepted at university on a scholarship sponsered by the scouts. He earns his masters degree in Xenobiology and joins the scouts afterwards.

He works mainly as a planetside explorer, and accompagnies scientist and other scouts on missions on the frontier.
In his last mission as a scout his old friend gets killed in a tense border situation in a last attempt to make piece. Enraged by the cowardly murder, and knowing that the scouts must remain neutral, he offers his resignation. His commander understands,accepts his temporarely resignation and directs him towards a merc group he knows will soon be deployed in the area.

After four bloody years as a merc he realises that vengeance will never bring back his old friend. He leaves the mercenaries and returns to the civilised world, looking for new opportunities.
[/sblock]

Wilphe

Adventurer
ooc: wondering if anyone wants to try to piece together exactly what happened and a next course of action, or just have me spell it out (as a result of official investigation etc). Reward goes up if you guys do it...

I haven't read all the s'blocks yet but I'll take an initial stab:

The Nells aren't cooperating with the Emperor and stalling over sending support to the Solomani Rim War) which has just started. The Imps would quite like a "more responsive" and "cooperative" local administration in place and now have a pretext to arrange just that.

Am I warm?

As for what's happened to the PCs, I'm working on it

Wilphe

Adventurer
Conjecture:

It would appear that N-C wanted Arnand, either for himself or because he the Gelish wanted him and he needed to do them a favour. I would guess that he was investigating the connection between the two and someone realised who he was and that he had to be eliminated and any data he had recovered.
(It is therefore possible that the ISS could suspect Captain Darius and/or Trelene of acting as N-Cs agents to recover/destroy said data) - a theory which the broadcast recording has blown out of the water, at least as relates to Captain Darius...
However anybody else who went on the mission could have been suspected of being planted by him to recover and destroy said data.

The "fungus" that polluted the atmosphere on the Dvonn was intended to be a demonstration of it's power - it was either being sold by WNC to the Gelish, or vice versa?

How Tresh is worked into this I don't know

Remove ads