OOC: [T20] High Law and Low Justice

G

Guest 11456

Wilphe said:
Ironically Mur Mura is a water world as well, so that didn't seem tremendously relevent.

Bear in mind that you are dealing with a planet larger than earth, of which99%+ is covered by water.

Diamter: 14,400 km
Radius: 7,700 km
Surface Area: 744,682,400 km2
1% of that is 744,682 km2

That's larger than Texas and slightly smaller than Chile or Turkey.

Someone can tell check my math and see if I'm not out by an order of magnitude.
Even if I am you are looking at a total land area the size of Ireland...

You are off by a factor of 10, but not how you thought. 1% of 744,682,400 is 7,446,824 or 10 times larger then you were figuring. I figured 7,450,600 km^2 (to 5 significant figures). That is more then 80% of the surface area of the entire united states (including alaska and hawaii) or slightly smaller then the continental united states. Plenty of room, I'd say.

Seonaid

Explorer
Would it be confusing for me to play Ktarle in the bar and in the embassy at the same time? I'm not sure exactly what the timing is, but since the guys' message didn't seem urgent (IIRC) I was not going to leave the embassy until I'd picked that human's brains.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Go ahead then.

Gwydion, Saanatha and Tuan have some chatting to do whilst they wait for you.

Tailspinner - I took Ruzz'koff off stage because I knew I wouldn't be around to play him. I took Trelene with him because we hadn't heard from her. If she's going with the others she'll have someone to interact with

Tailspinner said:
Trelene begins checking on possible cargos for the trip. She wants to see what is available and would most likely turn the best profit the quickest. She will also try and figure what is the best possible cargos at different locations along their proposed route.
I don't know what sort of trade system Maedwyrn was proposing to use.
I'll probably adapt the one from GURPS: Far Trader; where the normal assumption is that you are moving freight on someone else's behalf and speculative trade is what you do when:
A) You can see a profitable opportunity
B) You want to go to X but no one has enough cargo going their to fill your hold.

A lot depends how much detail we want to go into.
At the bare minimum more research will give a bonus to die rolls.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Tailspinner said:
You are off by a factor of 10, but not how you thought. 1% of 744,682,400 is 7,446,824 or 10 times larger then you were figuring. I figured 7,450,600 km^2 (to 5 significant figures). That is more then 80% of the surface area of the entire united states (including alaska and hawaii) or slightly smaller then the continental united states. Plenty of room, I'd say.

And apparently all owned by one person
No wonder he got upset at losing it...

Of course, it's probably got some very violent weather, but in the lee of a mountain range you'd probably be okay.

doghead

thotd
Not sure of the mechanics, but I think Saanth's Trader and Broker skills (+11) and Market Analyist feat should come into play when dealing with cargo, I think. At least, thats what I was hoping for. I don't have the book with me but I also seem to remember that Gather Info and Carousing/Liason can be useful for finding cargo to haul.

Is there currently anything keeping us in Dukh. Are we waiting on repairs, upgrades, permission, anything like that?

Wilphe

Adventurer
Need to fill out registry and get ship fully equipped.
So it's mostly paperwork and buying the 1001 things the ship needs (like rations, missiles, toliet paper and ensuring the vending machines don't run out fun size crunchy bars)

You could leave in the next few days.
Might depend how long you need to spend to find a cargo out.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Right, I've had a magazine to put together - so I've been a bit distracted. I'm now done, so I'm back at your disposal. Anybody got any immediate plans?

Seonaid

Explorer
Hey all.

Sorry for my absence. Life has been going in full swing (which is very unusual for me) and I haven't had time for much Internet stuff. I'm still interested in playing, but I don't know how much time and effort I can dedicate to this game (or any of them). Please assume I won't be around for the forseeable future. I hate to do this, as I love you guys and this campaign, but I obviously haven't been keeping up. :(

Remove ads