• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: The story of the Clan - The Sunless Citadell.

AmorFati

First Post
Update: Recruitment/character creation info is found by scrolling down to post 31, or click here: http://www.enworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2513455&postcount=31

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As stated in this thread, I am thinking of starting the Sunless Citadell module soon.

And now I've been thinking. I want to start this game up. However, I don't want it to be a "regular" party as such.

Ideas I got for party-consepts:
A party where all members are from the same race.
A party where everyone is a member of a traveling circus, or something like that.
A party consisting of only Old people. (As in -2 str, dex and con, +1 int, wis and cha).
A party where all are from the same family. Siblings, uncles and aunts, etc.

I want this to be a game focusing heavily on character interaction. There will of course be all the battles, dangers, quests and such, but I want the characters to be interacting all the time (almost), and I'd like it to be a "theme" to the party as well.

Now, before posting character creation guiedlines, do you guys have any ideas for Themes/consepts? We'll go with the most popular one, and hopefully will be able to start creating characters this weekend.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
As you know I am jumping at the chance to get in on this one with you, I am in favor of the themes in this order: racial, a tie between circus and family, and lastly age (only because I am getting to do this with Balin in the other game).

Another theme could be the party would be adventuring to avoid prison, they have escaped prison and encounter the Citadell while on the run, military assignment, all of the same faith/order, or the infamous the party is 0 lvl and they figure out their class through their actions.

Just some random shotgun thoughts...:)

G

Guest 11456

1. A party consisting of only Old people.
2. A party where all are from the same family.
3. A party where all members are from the same race.
4. A party where everyone is a member of a traveling circus, or something like that.

Another possibility could be a party consisting of kids. We would need to decide what that would entail. Possibly -1 to all physical traits and -2 to all mental traits except one. Or something like that. Size would be one size category smaller for each.

Tailspinner

Palskane

First Post
Hmmm... very interesting idea. Here would be my choices on your options:

1. Everyone plays the same race.
2. Everyone is part of the same family.
3. Part of a circus/old folks/children.

Another option:

We all start with the same core class. In other words, we are initiate members of a Thieve's Guild, Mage's Order, Martial Academy, Monastery, Clergy/Religious Order, Enclave, Tribe, Performing Troupe, etc..

Several of those could tie in with family very well. It would indicate a similar upbringing, and we could then branch out from there.

I know that one would be odd, but I'm just throwing it out there as an idea. :)

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
It's been a while since I've played a game, but I'm certainly interested in this one. I think family, old people, or same race would be most interesting to me as far as themes go. The prison break idea that Verbatim posts would be interesting, too. Anyhow, keep me posted.

Nick

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Palskane said:
Another option:

We all start with the same core class. In other words, we are initiate members of a Thieve's Guild, Mage's Order, Martial Academy, Monastery, Clergy/Religious Order, Enclave, Tribe, Performing Troupe, etc..
That's what I was thinking too. I was thinking it'd be neat to play a game with all Clerics or all Psions or all Paladins or something like that, to be able to play with the diversity of each class.

I'd also mention--maybe all refugees from the same village. Some bad thing happened and we're now gypsies or something.

Ferrix

Explorer
Really neat ideas, and I find they often create some of the best dynamics.

The themes thrown out so far are quite good, and many of them mix well together.

I'll toss my hat down as a player, but I can't think of any more themes at the moment.

Palskane

First Post
AmorFati,

Did you have an idea of how many characters you would like to run through the module? I've seen the module but hadn't looked at it. How many characters is it designed for?

I'm only asking because I'm already tossing around character ideas/concepts in my head. *grin*

Remove ads