• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
Could Surana link up mentally w/Drum & just "look" through his eyes (darkvision!) for a couple hours on her watch?

Obviously when she's moving she needs light + her own eyes because it'd be too hard for the brain to coordinate body movement from an outside vantage point, but if she's just sitting next to him in a cave, staring at the entrance... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Drum is very young. His mind jumps from thing to thing and you can't always be sure if he is imagining things. You can do this. But it might not be reliable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

SunGold

First Post
Oh man, I like that answer, because the result could be interesting (I'm still curious about what he didn't want us to see in that cave a while back...I wonder what the little dude thinks about).

On the other hand, it could result in Surana waking up the whole camp in a panic because Drum was imagining a boogie man under the bed (or whatever the wee myconid equivalent is). Guess I'll pass this time but...noted.

SunGold

First Post
Watch rotation thoughts, Aesh? Throwin' this list at the wall to see what sticks...I tried to spread out those with the higher perception stats.

Bert/Ez
Eldeth/Topsy
Derendil/Surana
Orsik/Sarith

Last edited:

DMAesh

Explorer
That can work. Are we letting Turvy sleep all the way through? Sounds good, because then the two spellcasters are at the caps.

SunGold

First Post
Yeah, I left Turvy off because only Topsy can understand his gibberish, so they'd have to be paired...and leaving the two wererats unattended while we slept sounded questionable.

Uller

Adventurer
Here is your last set of orders (I think). You've traveled for 3 days and gone about 20 miles. You were making good time until you ran into the muck pits then back tracked into the web filled chasm. It's about 30 more miles to Sloobludop.

Pace Normal:
6 miles per day
Foraging: disadvantage
Stealth: disadvantage
Navigation: normal
Perception: normal
Pursuit: No change

Guarding:
Erevan (Persuasion +6 vs Insight)
Orsik (Insight +3 vs Deception)
Klep (Insight +2, Persuasion +4)

Lookouts:
Bertram (front) (Perception +6)
Ezraen (rear) (Perception +2)
Sarith (rear) (Perception +2)

Navigation:
Surana (Survival +2)
Shuushar (Survival +4)

Foraging:
Derendil (Survival +1)
Topsy (Survival +0)
Turvy (Survival +0)
Bupido (Survival +0)

Covering Tracks:
Eldeth (Survival +5)

Mapping
Jimjar (No check)

Marching order (inferred from tasking)

Front Rank:
Bertram
Surana
Shuushar

Middle/Main body:
Derendil
Topsy
Turvy
Bupido
Jimjar
Erevan
Orsik
Klep

Rear:
Ezraen
Sarith
Eldith

SunGold

First Post
Hey DMAesh how would you feel about taking Orsik off guarding and having him do mapping, since Jimjar's dead?

There'd be no one left guarding, but meh, doesn't feel necessary at this point.

SunGold

First Post
Oh I meant like, just not have anyone guard anymore.

Buppido's gone.

Sarith, if he was ever a threat, is so far up his own miserable butt right now that I don't see him having the time or desire to mess with the party. Doing so would only slow down his arrival in Sloobludop, and it doesn't sound like he's got the time for that.

Nobody else in the party worries me enough to think we need to dedicate a member to watch them. Just seems like a waste of a party member's time given current circumstances.

Edit: Unless "guarding" includes keeping an eye on the twins, I guess? Not really clear on that.

Last edited:

Remove ads