• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 500

Terraism

Explorer
wingsandsword said:
While the official reason Eugene Greenhilt is not allowed into heaven is that blood oath, with his attitude, given how raked-over-the-coals Roy was, I doubt Eugene would pass that same test.
Yeah, this was the one that struck me. I mean, yes - today's comic is sheer awesomeness. But I'm really wondering what makes Eugene a man who should be getting into LG paradise, even after the blood oath is fulfilled. And I'm eager to see that explored.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
AllisterH said:
To the people who loved Lord Shojo, isn't Eugene the same type of person?
Well, Shojo had Mr. Scruffy... and was a bit more concerned about something else than himself. In the end, Shojo has done all this stuff to protect the Azure City gate. While Eugene does the stuff to get him into heaven, after he has sworn a blood oath during a bad night.

Both are somewhat rude and abrasive, but their motivations are very different. That makes a huge difference.

Cheers, LT.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Rich Burlew has a talent for defeating player expectations. I don't know if I can speak for the majority, but my first (emotional) reaction was "Haley and Elan!" and then on consideration I thought "Daigo and Nazumi." I don't know how he is going to manage to surprise us without violating the logic of the story thus far.

I have high hopes, though! I'm looking forward for Monday (or whenever the next strip arrives).

Balgus

First Post
*flashback*
Roy spent eight weeks climbing the mountain to get to his Mom's place. But his lil bro has been there for 18 years.. how did he climb that mountain? Cause IIRC he spent a month trying to build a castle out of legos.

Not to be nitpicky..cause that was a heartwarming scene.
And I wonder Eugene feels about everyone in his family getting in but him... and with no limits to what he can do or feel.. I am guessign he is stewing in his juices... which is prolly why is so spiteful and bitter now - more so than he has ever been.. he cant sleep it off...

Darklone

Balgus said:
*flashback*
Roy spent eight weeks climbing the mountain to get to his Mom's place. But his lil bro has been there for 18 years.. how did he climb that mountain? Cause IIRC he spent a month trying to build a castle out of legos.
It's just a matter of determination and singleminded pursuit of ones goals. Small children are very good at that.

Ry

Explorer
My theory:

Baby bro sat and played in the angelic daycare at the bottom of the mountain till Mom showed up and brought him up with her.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads