D&D 5E Optimal build for mulitclass kensei (monk)/samurai (fighter)?

Hoiku

Villager
Interesting, I chose fighter 1 for the exact same reason - the con save. It was to balance out the saves. You will have a high dex and evasion. That should take care of dex saves. Samauri will eventually give you wisdom saves. That leaves con saves.

But if you wanna be super vs evasion saves then that will be fun too.
Ah yes CON saves would be best then. You're right max DEX mod +5 is pretty decent save.
At level 20 saves and maxing out DEX (20) and WIS (20):
STR +6
DEX +5
CON +8
INT+0
WIS+11
CHA +0

Last edited:

Hoiku

Villager
I was thinking of this level progression for my build.

1589906427216.png

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I was thinking of this level progression for my build.

View attachment 122148

1. You should get 5th level for extra attack sooner. It's a huge upgrade.
2. You need monk for Unarmored defense unless you want to suddenly go from armor to no armor mid game.

By optimization standards what you just listed is terrible. It looks like you are too worried about getting ASi's on time.

Hoiku

Villager
1. You should get 5th level for extra attack sooner. It's a huge upgrade.
2. You need monk for Unarmored defense unless you want to suddenly go from armor to no armor mid game.

By optimization standards what you just listed is terrible. It looks like you are too worried about getting ASi's on time.
Yea you’re right! I wasn’t thinking about anything other than getting the ASI on time and that would most likely be detrimental. I do definitely want the Monk’s Unarmored Defense asap. I think I’ll scroll back up and look at your suggested level progressions.

Remove ads