Orcus and Tharizdun... UK and others with deity knowledge, PLEASE HELP!

Anubis

First Post
I was hoping Deities & Demigods would have listings for Orcus and Tharizdun (Orcus because he's the main villain in my campaign, Tharizdun because I wanna see just how powerful this guy is.) I was disappointed. Does anyone have actual stats for AT LEAST Orcus?

reiella

Explorer
Tharizdun is in Dragon something or other.

Prolly the one for march, maybe april.

Long with a few other greyhawk gods that weren't in DDg.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Yeppers- Tharizdun is in Dragon 294.

Orcus isnt in DDG because (according to page 8 of said book) the demon princes and devils are not gods and cannot grant spells, cannot rise above divine rank 0 (deault though it gives suggestions for your campaign), etc. Some peeps seem to agree with this theory...others do not. Ah well....

Basically, they are just really powerful monsters now it seems (which of course is what they always were really...more or less, though they were equated with the god level stats in 1e DDG and 1e MotP).

coyote6

Adventurer
Orcus had stats in an issue of Dungeon. Let me check . . .

Dungeon #89, p. 64: Orcus (Demon Prince of Undead), in all his 682 hp glory.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
coyote6 said:
Orcus had stats in an issue of Dungeon. Let me check . . .

Dungeon #89, p. 64: Orcus (Demon Prince of Undead), in all his 682 hp glory.

True true...but unfortunately they are not official. I asked some guys at WotC about it and they are just the author's interpretation of Orcus.

But- they definately work well though. He is quite powerful in that stat write-up. Now I wanna see Graz'zt and Demogorgon. :)

Anubis

First Post
ASKING A HUGE FAVOR!

Whoever has the issue of Dungeon with Orcus, could you PRETTY PLEASE post his stats here, along with any important info? I don't really wanna spend the money to buy a magazine for a few paragraphs, and I only need the stuff for Orcus.

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with posting a stat write-up here. I'm BEGGING you, this is my main villain and I have no stats, and the PCs are getting close to begin able to fight him!

PLEASE!?!?!?

Anubis

First Post
Wow, I didn't think Orcus was that powerful!

Well, I guess the party isn't too close to fighting him after all. Good enough, that'll work. Is the the consensus on his powers, possibly semi-official?

Remove ads