[OT] Am I the only one who is getting excited for Star Wars - Attack of the Clones

DwarvenBrew

First Post
King_Stannis said:
....but while watching the trilogy i couldn't help but notice how hokey (and great!) some of the dialogue was in the originals. i think many people view those movies with rose colored glasses....

I agree completely. Personally, I never undestood the hype in the first place. They're fun movies, and interesting from a world building perspective, but the acting and dialogue was nothing to get excited over, even in the first 3 movies.

I'll see the newest release to, but mostly because I think that the newest string of SW movies make an interesting gaming world, and Hasbro is going to release a revised set of rules for the setting. :D

Zappo

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: [OT] Am I the only one who is getting excited for Star Wars - Attack of t

...what Episode II?

Seriously, I agree with Corporate Dog. Every time I hear someone saying that Ep1 is one of the worst movies ever made and that Lucas should be hung by his figgin, I can't help saying that the one saying it must either have an extremely poor cinematographic experience, or suffer from the "disappointed fanboy" syndrome. It wasn't bad, it wasn't even average. Wasn't really good, though. Of course, I feel exactly the same for the D&D movie ('xcept for that one I'd say "wasn't very bad, wasn't even bad, it was average" - pity for the waste of a good title, of course).

drowdude

First Post
I enjoyed Episode I, even with Jar-Jar, the ridiculous way in which Darth Maul died, & the horrendous editing (*WHY*??? Why did they cut some of those scenes out? It makes no sense!!! :p )

And I am very much looking forward to seeing Episode II.

Although, at this point I am more excited about seeing Blade 2 ;)

Dave G

First Post
Heck yeah, I'm excited! There's supposed to be a new trailer debuting (?) Sunday night on Fox TV. (It's also supposed to be in the new Ice Age movie IIRC)

I can't wait, and I will see it opening night.

fenzer

Librarian, Geologist, and Referee
Re: Re: Re: [OT] Am I the only one who is getting excited for Star Wars - Attack of the Clones

Corporate Dog said:

And yet I find it's the true fanboys, who were pumped up like meth junkies for Episode I, that came out of it all disillusioned and pissy.

The angry backlash at Episode I boggles me. For starters, kids, it's just a movie... hardly something to get high blood pressure over. And for the 'Fellowship r00ls! Episode II dr00ls!' crowd, seriously... grow up. It IS possible to like both movies.

Sure, I swallowed all the hype for Episode I, and in the end I WAS a little disappointed. But if you ignore the hype, it's certainly not the HORRIBLE movie that the bandwagon likes to make it out to be. The lightsaber duels, space battles, Gungan ground war, pod race, and political machinations of Palpatine all kick much ass in my book... at the very least, they help to lessen the damage caused by Jar Jar and Jake.

So in summary, I AM looking forward to Episode II. I'm just avoiding all the hype this time around.

Regards,
Corporate Dog

I agree whole-heartedly. I have to say I am a little surprised at all the negative feedback. I for one am looking forward to it with great interest.

KnowTheToe

First Post
I too am excited to see Episode II. Most of these people, who may not actually be morons, but sound like it, did not like the movie because they had too great expectations and did not listen to G. Lucas when he continually talked about a focus on kids. The movie was made for a younger audience. And really, was Jar Jar that much more annoying than C3PO? IMO, NO.

I enjoyed the movie and own the DVD! What do you have to say about that!

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I'm pumped. While EP1 wasn't nearly as good as the first three it was pretty good. The lightsaber fight was amazing hopefully they will be as good in this one.

I agree on the rose colored glasses part. If EP4 was put out new today these same people would be ripping the dialoge and other stuff, but because they were so blown away as children when they saw it they make it more than it should be.

EOL

First Post
Yeah I liked LoTR:FoTR better than Episode 1 that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy Episode 1 or that it isn't possible to like both movies. But I think there is a clear difference in vision. Star Wars was what George Lucas could produce when he was still young, idealistic and unspoiled by the avarice of merchandising. I think FoTR was very similiar in that respect, Episode 1 clearly was not the work of idealistic innocence but rather a somewhat jaded maturity, IMHO.

Remove ads