• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] I'm Back

The Traveler

First Post
JUDAS
Everytime I look at you I don't understand
Why you let the things you do get so out of hand
You'd have managed better if you'd had it planned.
Why'd you choose such a backward time in such a strange land?
If you'd come today you would have reached the whole nation.
Israel in 4 BC had no mass communication.
Don't get me wrong now. Don't get me wrong. Don't get me wrong.
I Only want to know now....

CHOIR
Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ
Who are you? What have you sacrificed?
Jesus Christ, Superstar
Do you think you're what they say you are?

JUDAS
Tell me what you think about your friends at the top.
Who'd you think besides yourself's the pick of the crop?
Buddha, was he where it's at is he where you are?
Could Mahomet move a mountain, or was that just PR?
Did you mean to die like that? Was that a mistake, or
Did you know your messy death would be a record breaker?
Don't you get me wrong...Don't get me wrong now. Don't get me wrong.
I only want to know.....

CHOIR
Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ
Who are you? What have you sacrificed?
Jesus Christ, Superstar
Do you think you're what they say you are?

hong

WotC's bitch
The Traveler said:

Israel in 4 BC had no mass communication.

I'm "mass communicating" RIGHT NOW, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

Hong "too much mass communication will make you go blind" Ooi

Satan

First Post
What the?

You guys aren't buying this, are you? I mean, come on! Do you gamer geeks really think that god is a big fan of Dungeons & Dragons? This game has been my territory for a long time. Hell, read the design credits of the original boxed set. It says Gary Gygax, Dave Arneson, and Satan. I'm sorry, but its right there in black and white. I don't know who this "god" character is, but he's nobody you should be interested in.

Now, if any of you need any kind of advice I'm here to help.

maddman75

First Post
Hey Satan,

I'm getting ready to start an evil urban campaign. I think I'm doing good so far - playing a necromancer, member of a secret society, and I sold my soul to a devil. Got 15,000 gold for it too- not too shabby :) (Note - I'm not kidding, see AEG's Evil sourcebook).

In paticular, any pointers on screwing over my fellow party members would be much appreciated.

:)

The Traveler

First Post
*rips off Satan's mask*

Old Man Withersby!

Oh, wait, that's a mask too.

*rips off Satan's mask*

Steve Jackson!

No, that also looks like a mask.

*rips off Satan's mask*

John Wick!

Who knew?

Satan

First Post
Maddman75:

Evil urban campaign, huh? Sounds like fun. Normally, the key to screwing over the other players is to gain their trust. This might be kind of tough in an evil campaign since you can't hide behind that fact that everyone assumes your character is "heroic" and a "good guy." Without trust, you'll have to go over their heads and nab yourself a trump card: the DM.

Is your DM a member of the opposite sex? If so, I'd suggest developing a romantic relationship with her.

In the likely event that your DM is a guy and you aren't willing to "go the extra mile" for your character's sake, you'll need some kind of leverage to get the DM on your side. Blackmail is probably your best bet. If you can get your hands on some information the DM wouldn't want to get out...then you are in like Flynn my friend. The DM will be afraid to make you angry and he'll let you get away with all kinds of stuff. Let your imagination run wild from there.

Finally, let me applaud you for choosing an arcane spell caster. A lot of new guys seem to think that being a rogue is the best way to screw over the other PCs. Me, I like the sheer versatility of wizards.

---------------------------------------------------------------
drothgery-

You said it, man, not me. I won't admit to anything. Now Robert Jordan, he is most definitely on my side...

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Hmmm ... I wonder if God and Satan could have a civil, and philosophical discussion of which - in the D&D fantasy world, not the Real World - is stronger, Good or Evil?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads