• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] I'm Back

Number47

First Post
Comment on time and choice

Although I'm an atheist at heart, I think it might be interesting to point out something of quantum mechanics. At least as far as they have been able to determine, particles cannot differentiate between directions of time, meaning an electron moving forward in time is exactly identical to a positron moving backward in time and in the opposite direction. That might be a bit off, but I think that was what it is. Strangely enough, particles DO know between left and right (there is an asymmetry there, as they say). What this basically breaks down to is that, from a physics standpoint, the direction of time is mostly an illusion. A good way to say it is that we perceive time as flowing from minimum-entropy to maximum-entropy direction (which explains why things get more chaotic every day). Also, physics would tend to suggest that there is no such thing as a time paradox. Groupings of particles come together and interact whenever they do, and there is no "cosmic fact checker" to see if this grouping of particles is that grouping of particles grandfather.

A possible interpretation of the quantum mechanics is that not only are there many possibilities of wave-form collapse (that cannot be predicted beforehand), but that each possibility does, in fact, happen as a separate "time-stream". I use the term loosely because, in a universe of quadrillions of particles, all of which with myriad quantum possibilities, the number of time-streams per nano-second very nearly approaches infinity. A time-traveler moving laterally through time to other possibilities probably wouldn't notice anything different at all about the time-stream until they moved very far from the point of origin.

Of course, all this is conjecture about things that might not even exist. Not if "god" says they don't.

Interesting thought problem: if entropy is movement from higher-order to lower-order (or chaos) and all time is moving in the direction of increasing entropy, then that would mean that, going backwards in time towards the big bang, entropy decreases. In other words, the singularity just before the big bang had a state of perfect order. What does this mean? Could this be the foundation for religion?

Number47

First Post
SHARK said:
...Doctrine of Sin, where the corporate rebellion of Adam and Eve ushered into the world....

So what you're saying is that Adam and Eve attempted a corporate take-over? I didn't realize God was publicly traded. Thinking about it now, I guess that makes sense.

I like humanophile's idea for a new version of the Bible. Bible 3E, where they pull together all the disparate rules and class books into a single, sensible rule set. Bible d20?

Henry, a quarter is enough gas to get home? Do you drive a gas-electric hybrid?

McNuggets!

maddman75

First Post
God, couple quick ones.

- While a complete revision of the Bible is probably unneeded, especially what with printing costs, how about some errata? Maybe even a Web Enhancement with a couple extra psalms?

- Is is okay for an elven paladin to kill an orc baby?

- How are you with Buddha? You guys compete, or do you hang and compare notes on the nature of the human condition?

God

Adventurer
Wow! It's great to feel appreciated. Let me try to get to some of these questions while I have a minute (in between choir recitals /sigh)

Humanophile: Um, well...this is a sticky subject. As I am no longer in direct possession of the Bible TM license I am unable to personally affect the development of any new supplements and/or revisions to that particular product line. I am, however, looking at developing a new MMORPG, which will include an entirely new system for determining the nature of reality, good and evil, etc. You'll here more as soon as products are announced on our semi-annual catalogue.

Now, for your other questions:
Again, as I am not directly involved with any of my formerly created religious institutions, or the spin-offs/revisions/knock-offs of such, I have no power over the hiring/employment policies of such, afore-mentioned entities. At least that's what my attorney tells me. Personally, I'm not averse to a creative lightning strike here and there, but I am unsure of the legal ramifications of such.

As to your 3rd question, because of certain heavenly NDA policies, I am unable to comment at this time. Continue drinking and going to work.

on 4e: The flumph, Eric Noah and Ninja of the Crescent Moon will all be core classes. A d20 roll will be required to show up to the game. Prices for "rubber mittens" and "guinea hens" will again be included in the equipment list.

Henry: You're welcome. Now be good.

Number47: Dude, chill out with all the mumbo-jumbo. And see my previous answer as far as the Bible TM d20 idea

Ok, then answers to misc. Q's not already answered:
Babies may be ugly, smelly and orcish, but killing them is a bad thing. Instead, sell them to gypsies.

Buddha is a gas. He giggles like the Pilsbury Dough boy when you rub his belly.

Elves exist, but they have grown so thin you can longer see them. They never had the benefit of Lifetime anorexia exposes.

Jesus, or Jebus, as his family calls him, has no need for Uzis. But if you would like to send him one...

Half-orcs got the shaft because 3e was written by gnomes.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads