• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT, Movies] Saw the trailer for Episode II last night . . .

theburningman

First Post
. . .when I went to see Brotherhood of the Wolf (very cool flick, I might add). I've been really jazzed about seeing EpII from everything I've heard about it. I enjoyed EpI the first time I saw it, but it got weaker the more times I watched it. But my hopes were still high for number II.

No longer.

"It's Obi-Wan! He's holding me back!"
"I'm going to be the greatest Jedi in the galaxy!"
(or words to this effect)

These words come out of Anakin Skywalker's mouth. These lameass lines of dialogue (and many others littered throughout the trailer) come out of the mouth of the future Darth Vader.

Why do I have a problem with this? It's because I've never seen the character as a self-pitying sort. Full of anger and hatred? Yeah, of course. Feelings of being betrayed? My goodness yes. But whiny and self-pitying just doesn't jive with me.

I have long since accepted that George Lucas is not a god. I mean, I still love the original Star Wars trilogy, even with its goofy dialogue. But this kind of crap is way more unforgiveable to me than Jar Jar Binks because it's coming from Anakin!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't he just admit that he has good story ideas but that he can't write his way out of a paper sack. A wet paper sack. A wet paper sack with holes torn in it. What the hell am I talking about, he can't write his way *into* a paper sack.

GET A SCRIPT DOCTOR, GEORGE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Maybe Carrie's available! I saw you on her Oxygen talk show this morning!

(All of the above has been written under the belief that the honorable Mr. Lucas did indeed write the script for Episode II. If such is not the case, I apologize whole-heartedly for any sentiments that might be taken as negative.):D

STOP HIM BEFORE HE WRITES AGAIN!

Rinndalir

First Post
Once again: to everyone who was horribly let down and mortified by Episode 1 (midichlorines??? ARG!), I urge you to boycott the opening week of Attack of the Clones. (aka WORST. TITLE. EVAR.) Not necessarily the movie, although I have friends that are doing that, but just opening week. I myself will see it, mainly b/c the pull of the Dark Side is too strong :p, but if enough fans refuse to let it have strong opening numbers then maybe Lucas will get the message that he's a retard.

Nah, probably not. But you'll feel better about yourself. ;)

Fenros

First Post
I am also boycotting the first week. At the least.

If after the first week I hear from friends that it sucks as bad as Ep1, then I'll wait for video. If I hear that it is surpisingly good, then I'll go see it.....AFTER the first week.

On a side note: I actually don't mind any self pity being brought up within Anakin. I mean, its just one out of many emotions I predict he'll be going through as he transitions away from the Light and into the Dark. Its not like I expect the WHOLE movie to be him whining like in that one small sound bite.

Trailer looks decent to me. But its not the trailer that has shaken my faith in Lucas, it was Episode One.

Harlequin

First Post
HA HA :(

Hi

After watching Phantom Menace again last night all I have to say is that it can only get better...

Cant it? please?

Man i couldnt believe how truly BLAND and BORING Phantom Menace was...im so happy i didnt go and watch it in the theatre (I would of puked) or walked out (which i have only done once ever)

Dont flame me (I LOVE STAR WARS)

The first and second movies were true gems and even tho the third had ewoks :( (and was the beginning of the dioreaha that was to be called Phantom Menace and now also Attack of the Clones) the confrontation between Luke and Darth really made the third film great...

But i am convinced after seeing Phantom Movie...oops Menace
that George has targeted his movies for the kids

There is not one adult them in Meanace, nothing...every scene
is targeted to how a child views a film...its truly sad :(

and with the comments on Darth whinning and moaning in the second film (well isnt that how kids behave?) when things go wrong they bitch and moan and cry, instead of taking it on the chin and doing somthing about it...

What im blabbering about is that Lucas does not care about the
people that loved his original movies...he wants kids to watch this and bring thier parents...you know why?

MONEY

he makes lots and lots more money that way

typical hollywood

Oh well even tho i loved the original trilogy and will always watch it regularly...it doesnt bother me that Lucas is destroying the legacy he's built from the original three movies

why?

because i have Fellowship of the Ring

and in the next two years i will have The Two Towers and Return of the King...

Im happy...

The King is Dead

Hail to the King

Lord Peter Jackson!

Harlequin

Boy... I hope you all realize how whiny you sound... much like Anakin! :)

*shrug* It's a movie and the poster above, Lucas is not god... whoever thought that really needs to get out more. I will see it the first week.

Harlequin

First Post

Hey i must be Darth Vader

Yes ive succumb to the Dark Side!

Whoo HOO :)

Yeah im whinning dude :rolleyes:

Personally i dont give a fats rack clacker if the second movie
is good, bad or whatever

im just telling it as i see it

Lucas is supposed to be a film maker

but evidently hes only a businessman and the original
idea must of just been a fluke...

Oh well thats life...ill take it on the chin and move on ;)

Harlequin:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Daniel Knight

First Post
Well you bloody well won't see me paying money to watch it, that's for sure!

Oh, hang-on... I'm a cinema projectionist, I never pay money to see film. :rolleyes:

But seriously... As huge a Star Wars fan that I am (you should see my toy collection), I am very, very worried about AOTC. And I am also one of the few people on the planet that liked TPM. Oh god, please don't kill me for that comment. My issues are thus, (and only based on the largest of the three previews for the film, of which I have seen far too many times to be considored healthy... remember I'm a cinema projectionist), are that the guy playing Anakin, coupled with the bad script, has produced a character that is seeming very forced. Judging from what I've seen, this guy cannot act. But then again, the big G can't direct either, so it's probably a perfect match. :(

The character is fine, but it seems the actor can't pull of the script. Such a shame.

Oh yeah... he didn't write this one either... some other dude did with George's directions.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
I predict that in years to come, George Lucas will become a case study on how to take a franchise and kill it.

Wolfspider

Explorer
There was a funny referrence to Star Wars on this week's Dark Angel. Max was planning to steal the only copy of Star Wars Episode 7 footage--incomplete footage, since The Pulse destroyed the film (and everything else electronic). Heh.

But count me in for all the reasons mentioned. I'll be boycotting the film the first week--and perhaps entirely. I think Fellowship of the Rings will sustain me. That is, until The Two Towers comes out. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads