• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(ot) okay, which star wars AotC action figure have you bought

King_Stannis

Explorer
just got jango fett kamino escape for mysel.....errr....my son! ;)

awsome figure, man i wish they were like these when i was a kid.

also had my eye on a clone trooper and super battle droid. by the way, do any of you know which one is already becoming pretty rare...i think it's one of the jedi, but i'm not quite sure.

so lets hear which ones you've gotten for your "kids"!

CrazyMage

4th Level Lawful Good Cleric
I should really be sitting in a circle of chairs for this (like therapy or 12 step program)...

...for I have fed the marketing machine. 27 AOTC figures released so far, and I have now---27. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. And I can't even pretend that they're for my "kids"--I'm single (which helps explain why I can afford all 27).

I do have most every Star Wars toy since 1995, so just continuing the collection. There's a reason my TV is second-hand and my couch pea-green and old.
:)

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
One of my best friends has almost every Star Wars action figure in existence, in mutipule copies no less. As an example, because of the symbol of the empire, he tries to get 6 figures/ships/whatever of the empires' items. Years ago he built his own Imperial AT-AT Walker which is bigger and better then what they came out with a couple of years later. The official toy fits between his homemade AT-AT's legs. He is a Stars Wars fanatic. The day that the AotC figures hit the street he bought at least one if not more of each. He recently started buying on eBay and has an enitre army of Battle Droids and another army of Stormtroopers, though I do not know how many Gungans he has at this point in time. He now has at least 10 ten AT-AT's now (the real toy not homemade one's). He has won so many auctions that someone sent him a couple of mean and implolite emails complaining on the number of auctions he has 'stolen' at the last minute. In over a year on eBay myself I only have a rating of 57 with about 74 auctions won. My friend in less then 6 months has at least a rating of 58 with over 235 auctions won, almost entirely all Star Wars related. I am not kidding.

For those of you who think I'm really talking about myself, sorry I'm too busy buying too many RPG's, books, ancient coins, and have other real life expenses to purchase Star Wars toys. My friends' collection is really impressive though.

Last edited:

Lothaire

First Post
None thus far.

I plan on taking a trip down to the local Toys R Us in the next couple of days.

I will defintely pick up the Jango Fett and Darth Tyranious figs. Not sure about any of the others.

King_Stannis

Explorer
just picked up one of the clone troopers....they're pretty nice. the huge gun they come with actually fires a missile (there's a spring inside the tripod gun). actually, jango fett's rocket pack also fires a missile. ironic, since the original boba back in 1978 was supposed to fire a rocket (it never did because of child safety concerns).

i held luminara undili in my hands. i had a feeling she was rare, but i didn't buy. don't know if i want to start to delude myself into thinking i've got a gold mine in my attic. i'd rather get the cool ones that me and my boy can play with.

these figures are pretty damn cool.

WizarDru

Adventurer
None, yet...but I'm really tempted to get the Super Battle Droid or Jango Fett (of which there are two versions, one with missle launcher, the other with cool sound effects).

Ya know, I was telling my wife earlier today when I first saw them...the original figures were pretty darned cool in their day...but these things are just amazing. Better get my kids hooked, so I can pretend they're for them. :)

hong

WotC's bitch
What a coincidence! Just yesterday, I snaffled the LEGO sets for the duel between Darth Vader and Luke in ROTJ. Now I have little LEGO figures for Vader, Luke, the emperor, a stormtrooper (faceless -- literally), and a happy smiling officer. Couldn't really care for the LEGO Skywalker, but a LEGO Darth Vader -- now that's K00l!

CrazyMage

4th Level Lawful Good Cleric
Hong, you think like my brother. The ONE thing he wanted me to get for him was a little Lego Vader. The coolest thing is the detail of Vader's head.

To follow up on my previous post, I'm also getting the Lego sets. Too much fun!

Remove ads