• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - Easter Egg Hunt

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
On the other board I got these easter eggs from, there is quite the controversy about the shadow, since many think it is just a coincidence...

As for the voice, the theatre I was in was WAY too loud for me to pick out the voice. However, if he did hear the voice, is this an indication that Qui-Gon became a ghost? Could be.

333 Dave

First Post
I definatly heard Qui-Gon's voice, but not till the scean cut to Yoda meditating (ok, during the wipe). As for it being 'unprecidented', one might notice that not a single Jedi that gets killed by the battle droids disappears.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
333 Dave said:
I definatly heard Qui-Gon's voice, but not till the scean cut to Yoda meditating (ok, during the wipe). As for it being 'unprecidented', one might notice that not a single Jedi that gets killed by the battle droids disappears.

The only Jedi we have "seen" disappear were Jedi that died willingly. Perhaps this makes a difference. Remember Vader was surprised at the disappearance.

Eryx

First Post
2. When Anakin kisses Padme in front of the Lars Homestead before going to look for Shmi, the camera view only shows their shadows against the house. Anakin's shadow looks like Darth Vader's

I thought I saw that but I wasn't sure.

12. The alarm sounding at that exact moment of Dooku leaving the hanger is the same one sounding when Vader boards Leia’s blockade runner. They are also those heard when a Star Destroyer under Admiral Piett's command nearly collided with another Destroyer while in pursuit of the Millennium Falcon in The Empire Strikes Back, and also when Death Star II was about to expire in Return Of The Jedi.

Yep, I caught that one.

13. You can hear Qui-Gon's voice when Anakin slaughtered the Tuskin Raiders. He says "Anakin! Anakin! Nooo!". Apparently in the book it makes the point that yes it is Qui-Gon's voice. And also in the book Yoda hears it, and is surprised to hear it because it is the first time that any Jedi was able to "keep their presence in the force after their death."

I heard that and thought it was a good tie-in.

17. There is a scene with N'Sync (the boy band). They were the Jedi who threw Obi-Wan and Anakin their lightsabers in the gladiatorial arena.

Now you've spoilt it. :) I hadn't noticed that. I forgot in fact that they were in it. Oh well.

I guess when I go back to see it next week I'll have to look for the others.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Just downloaded a decent copy of the movie. I will start working to confirm some of the easter eggs. I know I can already confirm Qui-Gon's voice, and that Yoda does seem to hear it. At least, the scene cuts to Yoda with the voice still yelling...

I think the ability of the Jedi to manifest in the force after their death's has something to do with an alteration of the nature of the Force that takes place between Ep. III and IV. There was a SW Special on Danish television today were Lucas explained that the destruction of the Jedi damaged the Force to an extent that made it more difficult to wield (the Force is disturbed by death and destruction - remember Kenobi's comments when Alderaan is destroyed). It seems clear that the abusive use of the Force (be it by arrogant Jedi or by the Sith) damages it's "balance"...

-Zarrock

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Some of these seem more like good continuity in the series rather than Easter eggs. It makes sense for alarms or architecture to not change too much in the time period covered by the movies. It's kinda like saying the Star Trek "red alert" alarm or the "swish" of the doors are Easter eggs in each new movie or series.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads