• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - Easter Egg Hunt

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Added:
46. In bar scene some people playing video games in the background as or right after they enter. One of the video games they are playing (on the right-most screen) is Star Wars: Pod Racer.
47. A Spinner from Blade runner is present in the Coruscant Scenes.
48. Not necessarily an Easter egg, but notable that the chair in which Supreme Chancellor Palpatine sits in his office in "Attack of the Clones" is the same chair in which Emperor Palpatine sits in "Return of the Jedi".

Fenros

First Post
UFO inside design joke--

I find it odd, that this one hasn't been mentioned. (or maybe it had and I missed reading it somewhere) Or maybe its not really considered an Easter Egg. I kinda don't think it qualifies, but its cool anyways.

When Obi-Wan goes to Tipoca City (that place on the ocean world) and he meets with Prime Minister Lama Su. The aliens that run the cloning facility are sort of like the aliens from Close Encounters right? I mean, not exactly, just kind of the general shape. Enough re-designing from the art department makes them different enough. Anyways, the 'feeling' of the aliens from Close Encounters and other related UFO lore here on Earth is felt. Taking a clue from that source of inspiration, I'm guessing the art design team continued on that line of thought when designing more stuff for that meeting room scene. If you look at the floor (when Obi-Wan is sitting down talking to Lama Su) the pattern on the floor are like UFO crop circle patterns. Y'know....those crop circles found in farming fields for a while there. Its subtle, but its there.

Mego Thor

First Post
Something I noticed...

Hey everyone, long time listener, first time caller. Has anyone else noticed that at the beginning of the movie, after the ship explodes after landing on Coruscant (sp), the bodyguard who is with Padme' is a clone! He looks just like all the other Jango Fett clones, only he has an eyepatch on.

A2Z

Explorer
Re: Something I noticed...

Mego Thor said:
Hey everyone, long time listener, first time caller. Has anyone else noticed that at the beginning of the movie, after the ship explodes after landing on Coruscant (sp), the bodyguard who is with Padme' is a clone! He looks just like all the other Jango Fett clones, only he has an eyepatch on.
Actually, your mistaken. Amidala's body guard is played by Jay Laga'aia while Jango and the clones are played by Temuera Morrison. On another note, that fractal thingy also looks like the same pattern as the Death Star superlaser, no?

Last edited:

Mego Thor

First Post
I don't know...

...I guess I'll have to look more closely when I go see it again.:D During the scene on the cloners' world when it showed those troopers sitting down for chow, it sure struck me as looking just like Padme's bodyguard. Also, I don't remember the troopers as looking exactly like Jango. Remember, only Boba was grown from unmodified genetic material.

Ristamar

Adventurer
A2Z is correct. The Jango clones weren't quite as worn and rugged around the edges as Jango himself, hence they look slightly different (basically younger, for the most part), but they are noticably different from Captain Typho.

Remove ads