• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT)Vegemite

Vhane

First Post
Salty beer flavored sandwich spread.

I like the flavor, but what is it supposed to be used on? The only thing I've found it good on is wheat bread.

Angelsboi

First Post
i dont know but all i do know is ...

"He handed me a vegemite sandwhich and he said, do you come from the land down under?"

Vhane

First Post
MythandLore: I hadnt thought to look for the web site. I was waiting for the Board members form down under to comment. If the official site is correct I've been using the stuff wrong. It has a rather odd but compelling flavor.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
MARMITES EVEN BETTER THAN VEGEMITE
(and in NAZ we're lucky enough to get both)

http://www.accomodata.co.uk/marmite.htm

Fully vegetarian and almost Kosher too:)
(at one point (it was claimed) that vegemite contained beefbone extracts)

Anyway
Try it as a 'tea' (mix a teaspoon in a cup of hotwater), great in soups, delicious with cheese and tomatos on crackers or bread

well actually down under its a table spread with the same staus as Honey, Jam (jelly), Marmalade and Peanutbutter

Vhane

First Post
Tonguez:

Thank you for the input I can get Vegemite but haven't seen Marmite anywhere.

Are you sure about the tea thing or are you setting me up for getting ill?

Also MythandLore Ive explored the official site read the history, and downloaded that disturbing Jingle played it loudly on to the answering machine of a few people I know. Thanks for the link, now I'll have to check out the Marmite site

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads