• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT)Vegemite

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Much to my mother's horror, I believe it to be truly revolting muck. I have always described as the scrapings of the inside of a beer barrel.

And, yes, despite the fact that I am currently located in the People's Democratic Republic of Singapore (or is that Democratic People's Republic?), I'm actually an Aussie but I have no idea how people can like it.

Give me chilli any day....

Cheers
NPP

hong

WotC's bitch
Angelsboi said:
i dont know but all i do know is ...

"He handed me a vegemite sandwhich and he said, do you come from the land down under?"

Buyin' bread from a man in Brussels
Six foot four and full of muscles
I said do you speaka my language?
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover"

Take note! The "chunder" bit is VERY IMPORTANT!

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I tried it back during the Men At Work era, just to see what it was like. Some media wags up here said it was the Aussie equivalent of peanut butter. Yeah right. Urkk.

mirzabah

First Post
Originally posted by Tonguez MARMITES EVEN BETTER THAN VEGEMITE
(and in NAZ we're lucky enough to get both)
Heathen :mad: Next you'll be telling us that Promite is just as yummy.
Originally posted by Tonguez Fully vegetarian and almost Kosher too:)
(at one point (it was claimed) that vegemite contained beefbone extracts)
With the emphasis on "it was claimed". It has also been "claimed" that the moon landing was a hoax.
Originally posted by Tonguez well actually down under its a table spread with the same staus as Honey, Jam (jelly), Marmalade and Peanutbutter
Not quite the same status. Nobody here has holy wars over whether marmalade is better than jam, or if peanut butter is best crunchy or smooth :D

mirzabah

First Post
Vhane said:
Salty beer flavored sandwich spread.

I like the flavor, but what is it supposed to be used on? The only thing I've found it good on is wheat bread.
I find it works with most breads. It also works very well spread thinly on toast. When I say thinly, I mean a scraping really.
Cheese & vegemite sandwiches are particularly nice. On toast, try vegemite with slices of tomato (or tom-ay-to, if you prefer ;) )

hong

WotC's bitch
mirzabah said:
Not quite the same status. Nobody here has holy wars over whether marmalade is better than jam, or if peanut butter is best crunchy or smooth :D

Crunchy!

Hong "rules mavens like crunchy bits" Ooi

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads