• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Out of the Abyss IC

Yavathol

Explorer
Seeing Raza, Kamael does likewise and puts on a backpack. He also puts the skeleton key safely in a pouch and cautiously takes the top off one of the iodine potions and takes a sniff, trying to identify it.

[sblock=status]hp 6/22
AC 15
Inspiration yes, Tides of Chaos yes, Concentration no
Slots 2/4 0/3
SP: 1/4
HD: 4/4[/sblock]

Kamael sniffed one of the two potions. He again got a whiff of iodine. The potion was inky black, opaque. He tasted it--just a small amount--realizing as he did that it was a Potion of Water Breathing. Likely, the user would sprout gills that would allow him to breathe unimpeded underwater.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Raza Thulcandra

Raza carefully stowed the glass orb in her new pack and continued to sit and rest while she had the chance. She would see or hear about whatever the others were occupied with soon enough. Kamael, however, seemed intent on darting back and forth and doing everything he could right now but Raza could see he had some dark bruising and a bite much like the one Raza sported.

She snagged his sleeve. "Peace, Kamael." Before he could move off again she gave him the Mother Night's blessing.

[sblock=OOC]CW to Kamael: 1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4
Not much healing there, unfortunately.
[/sblock][sblock=Raza, in brief]
[size=+1]Raza Thulcandra[/size], halfling Druid 4
Initiative: +3; Inspiration: No
AC: 14, Current: 14; HP: 21/31; Speed: 25 ft

Str 8 (-1), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 14 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)

Conditions: Darkvision
Saves: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +5
Skills: Insight +5, Perception +5, Religion +2, Stealth +5
Senses: passive Perception 15

In Hand:
Spells Prepared: (7) (Grimoire)
  • 2nd level: 0/2; Darkvision, Flame Blade*, Lesser Restoration, Spider Climb (circle), Spike Growth (circle)
  • 1st level: 1/4; Absorb Elements*, Cure Wounds*, Faerie Fire, Goodberry
  • Cantrips: Druidcraft, Mold Earth, Produce Flame, Guidance
* can be cast at higher level
Spell Attack: +5; Spell save DC 13

Special:
Lucky, Brave, Halfling Nimbleness, Naturally Stealthy, Natural Recovery 2/2
Wild Shape 0/2 (1 hour duration)

Stuff:
Kuo-toa pack, 1/2 ration, 1/2 full waterskin, glass orb, focus (obsidion)
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
"Thank you Raza."

Kamael paused and looked quizzically at the halfling, "So calm? A horde of angry kuo-toa is likely to burst in here very soon and you, you're as calm and relaxed as a cat in the sun!" He smiled ruefully.

[sblock=status]hp 10/22
AC 15
Inspiration yes, Tides of Chaos yes, Concentration no
Slots 2/4 0/3

GlassEye

Adventurer
Raza Thulcandra

Raza laughed then squinted at the bruising Kamael still showed. Surely, the goddess was testing her today!

"A moment ago I was ready to run away squawking like a terrified old hen. That's hardly calm." She chuckled at her foolishness. "Then I reminded myself that my life is lived at the whim of the Mother Night. Clearly, she did not intend me to travel to Shuushar's city under those circumstances. I merely await a new set of circumstances to be made known to me."

She reached out and poked carefully at Kamael's partially healed wounds and sighed. She mumbled a quick prayer and let healing flow from her to the sorcerer. "Better," she muttered to herself.

Slowly Raza levered herself to her feet and looked towards the passage where the others had disappeared. "Perhaps it is time to find out what has drawn the others away, eh?"

[sblock=OOC]CW to Kamael: 1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5
Anyone else who needs healing right now will have to take it up with Kago or use a potion. Raza is fresh out of the magics.
[/sblock][sblock=Raza, in brief]
[size=+1]Raza Thulcandra[/size], halfling Druid 4
Initiative: +3; Inspiration: No
AC: 14, Current: 14; HP: 21/31; Speed: 25 ft

Str 8 (-1), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 14 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)

Conditions: Darkvision
Saves: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +5
Skills: Insight +5, Perception +5, Religion +2, Stealth +5
Senses: passive Perception 15

In Hand:
Spells Prepared: (7) (Grimoire)
  • 2nd level: 0/2; Darkvision, Flame Blade*, Lesser Restoration, Spider Climb (circle), Spike Growth (circle)
  • 1st level: 0/4; Absorb Elements*, Cure Wounds*, Faerie Fire, Goodberry
  • Cantrips: Druidcraft, Mold Earth, Produce Flame, Guidance
* can be cast at higher level
Spell Attack: +5; Spell save DC 13

Special:
Lucky, Brave, Halfling Nimbleness, Naturally Stealthy, Natural Recovery 2/2
Wild Shape 0/2 (1 hour duration)

Stuff:
Kuo-toa pack, 1/2 ration, 1/2 full waterskin, glass orb, focus (obsidion)
[/sblock]

Wrex

First Post
"Those Kuo-Toa seemed in a right hurry to escape. I was actually hopin to peek around their town anyway. Fresh fish is delicious, and I ain't killed their kin. You lot look a little rough. I could peek ahead if its as close as fish-boy there says, see if they're comin to get ya.".

"But first...", his tone became dark, "what drow chasing you? How many?".

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kago and Ce'rek were still wary of each other. Indeed, anyone would naturally be wary of the goblin, thought Solace, until she corrected herself. No. Whatever his appearance, whatever the shape of his mind, he has not disproved himself.

It was not much of a concession, she realized, but as she looked around at the group with which she was travelling, she recognized that it may be the standard by which her companions were to be measured. They had shared a cell, and Brinn's thoughtfulness concerning Stool, though unexpected to Solace, seemed sincere.

She turned the brass tube he had given her around in her hands, testing it, shaking it.

(Investigation, if needed: [roll0].)

Yavathol

Explorer
Kamael accompanied Raza closer to the others, looking healthier though still somewhat injured. Overhearing the conversation, he addressed Ce'rek, "We don't know for certain that drow are following us, but assume so, given we recently escaped from a band of slavers. That one is called Brinn, and my friend here is Raza. On the whole, we cannot remember how the drow brought us here from the surface. If you are willing to assist us, then we would be most grateful, but as escaped slaves, we are hardly in a position to recompense you for your trouble."

[sblock=status]Kamael hp 15/22
AC 15
Inspiration yes, Tides of Chaos yes, Concentrating no
Slots 2/4 0/3

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads