• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Out of the Abyss IC

Yavathol

Explorer
"Easy there, Kago. There doesn't seem to be any sign of other goblins, and this one is a little unusual! As we've just learnt, it's hard to calm down after blood is shed."

Kamael steps in between Kago and Ce'rek, trusting to Solace to keep an eye on the goblin while his focus is on the orc. Once Kago ceases aiming at the goblin, Kamael tries to reassure him by joining him in looking for signs of an ambush, until the orc realises they are not in immediate danger. .
[sblock=status]hp 6/22
AC 15
Inspiration yes, Tides of Chaos yes, Concentration no
Slots 2/4 0/3
SP: 1/4
HD: 4/4[/sblock]

No sign of other ambushers appears to those who look; indeed, while Solace originally detected the sounds of the kuo-toa fleeing down the western passageway, those sounds have faded. All is now still, save for your voices, which carry and echo in the cavern.

Yavathol

Explorer
"You see, Kago? The goblin is on his own. Now if don't know if we can completely trust him but I do know we have to get out of here !"

Kamael addresses the group, "Ok, so there are definitely enemy kuo-toa in front and we suspect there are enemy drow behind us! Shushaar, Ce'rek, what other paths or options do you know of?"

Kamael, as well as being badly injured, looks anxious, in stark contrast to his normally optimistic demeanor.

[sblock=status]hp 6/22
AC 15
Inspiration yes, Tides of Chaos yes, Concentration no
Slots 2/4 0/3
SP: 1/4
HD: 4/4[/sblock]

Wrex

First Post
Ce'rek glared menacingly at the orc.

[sblock=goblin](Mockingly) Surely the fearsome orc isn't scared of a lowly goblin? Tell me, how many of my kind have you killed, butcher?[/sblock]

Ce'rek turned his attention back to the woman. "Many places in the Underdark, most have the same reaction of your [sblock=goblin]expletive[/sblock] orc here to me. But I know a few. There be Gracklestugh, the Duergar town. Rumored to be a way up there. And the drow city..." Ce'rek's eyes narrow, "You don't want to go there. Both 'sposed to have path to the surface. Blingdenstone, too. Not been there though. How you lot get down here?"

OOC: Haha got it!

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Raza Thulcandra

Raza collected gear from the fallen kuo-toa. She took one of the harness-like packs and adjusted it so that it would fit comfortably on her back. She also took one of the waterskins. She gave one set of gear to Brinn, one each to Shuushar, Jimjar, and Turvey then sat near Brinn to await everyone's return. As she waited she nibbled a bit of food and sipped at the water.

When she had eaten as much as she thought she should she took out the glass orb and began to study it. Glancing up she caught Turvey's eye. "Thank you for rescuing this. Do you know what it is?"

[sblock=OOC]Wrex, closing tags should be just [/sblock] remove the '=goblin' and they should be fine.
[/sblock][sblock=Raza, in brief]
[size=+1]Raza Thulcandra[/size], halfling Druid 4
Initiative: +3; Inspiration: No
AC: 14, Current: 14; HP: 21/31; Speed: 25 ft

Str 8 (-1), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 14 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)

Conditions: Darkvision
Saves: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +5
Skills: Insight +5, Perception +5, Religion +2, Stealth +5
Senses: passive Perception 15

In Hand:
Spells Prepared: (7) (Grimoire)
  • 2nd level: 0/2; Darkvision, Flame Blade*, Lesser Restoration, Spider Climb (circle), Spike Growth (circle)
  • 1st level: 2/4; Absorb Elements*, Cure Wounds*, Faerie Fire, Goodberry
  • Cantrips: Druidcraft, Mold Earth, Produce Flame, Guidance
* can be cast at higher level
Spell Attack: +5; Spell save DC 13

Special:
Lucky, Brave, Halfling Nimbleness, Naturally Stealthy, Natural Recovery 2/2
Wild Shape 0/2 (1 hour duration)

Stuff:
Kuo-toa pack, 1/2 ration, 1/2 full waterskin, glass orb, focus (obsidion)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

The harness pack was a bit of a novelty. It seemed to carry less gear than a standard backpack, but had the advantage of weighing less and lying flat against her back. More, the harness straps kept it in place; she wouldn't need to constantly adjust the pack's position. It was the sort of thing that would be good for a day's trek, particularly if one did not need much equipment while trekking. Raza examined the smooth glass orb. Flashes of jewel-toned color flickered faintly from the orb's interior as she handled it, but otherwise the orb seemed inert. Still, it had interesting qualities. It was hefty, if nothing else, and seemed to weigh two pounds; a lot, for a palm-sized glass object. Raza thought she'd be able to tell more about the orb if she spent some time with it.

Jimjar considered. "You do not seek a way out of the Night Below?" A small frown marred Jimjar's brow. "Your honor is a vein of mithril running deep, Brinn Newdark. I do not know the way to That One's grove," Jimjar gestured to Stool before continuing, "and so the game reaches its finish. The tube is Solace's, as agreed." The deep gnome handed the brass tube containing the map to Brinn, then wordlessly settled down to wait.

Shuushar slowly trod over to Kago's side. The orc could feel the caution radiating from the kuo-toa. Shuushar offered, "I will continue on to Sloobludop. Long have I been away. Long have they awaited an answer. The city is, I deem, an hour's walk. Any who would accompany me should feel free to do so, though I guess our welcome less than happy. If instead you will be going elsewhere, then go in peace with my thanks." Doleful eyes blinked twice slowly at Ce'rek, Solace, and Kamael.

OOC: Raza can identify the object and its properties by spending a short rest or an hour of a long rest studying it.

SUMMARY: Ce'rek has identified three ways out of the Underdark: Gracklstugh, Menzoberranzan, and Blingdenstone. Jimjar mentioned to Brinn knowing an exit, but hasn't said where it is. Sloobludop (the kuo-toa city) is an hour's walk from the party's present location. Decision time, folks. Let me know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads