Blog (A5E) Over 500 Magic Items!

With all the old favorites you know and love, plus over 200 new items, Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition is absolutely crammed with magic items from minor trinkets you can pick up for under 100 gold, to mighty artifacts which can change the world.

With all the old favorites you know and love, plus over 200 new items, Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition is absolutely crammed with magic items from minor trinkets you can pick up for under 100 gold, to mighty artifacts which can change the world.

Plus prices and crafting rules for them, of course. And treasure tables. But we’re getting ahead of ourselves!

And don’t forget — the Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition Kickstarter launches NEXT WEEK! Don’t miss out — click here to make sure you are notified when it launches.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 2.10.56 PM.png

Stalker0

Legend
Bead of Force - I find it weird that a throw away item requires attunement. And man 3k is expensive for a one and done.

Bead of Tracking - Neat!

Berserker Axe - I really like that the benefit is just strong enough that I would actually consider "dealing with the curse".

Rose of the Enchantrees - Now that's a pretty solid consumable. A lot of times I'd love a 1st level concentration spell on top of what I'm already putting in.

Sphere of Annihilation - It maintains the same confusion as the original one does. It specifically says that only artifacts can survive contact, and everything else is instantly destroyed. But then it says a person makes a save or takes 4d10 damage. So does that mean all objects just take 4d10 damage until they are destroyed? (aka not really "instantly" destroyed)

Spindle of Sleeping - WOW that is a REALLY powerful item for 300 gp. Imagine a stealth mission where you just keep putting people to sleep (and would get advantage to reduce the chance of the 1 on the attack roll). That plus the sleep spread, you could make a good dent on an entire palace guard with one of these.

Traveling Chest - Hilarious! I'll take 10!

Crafting - I really like the "if you fail you get an expertise die to try again within a month". A small subtle thing that gives the failed crafter a little hand back up and says "come on you can do it!"

Last edited:

G R (grizzyGR)

Explorer
Bead of Force - I find it weird that a throw away item requires attunement. And man 3k is expensive for a one and done.

Bead of Tracking - Neat!

Berserker Axe - I really like that the benefit is just strong enough that I would actually consider "dealing with the curse".

Rose of the Enchantrees - Now that's a pretty solid consumable. A lot of times I'd love a 1st level concentration spell on top of what I'm already putting in.

Sphere of Annihilation - It maintains the same confusion as the original one does. It specifically says that only artifacts can survive contact, and everything else is instantly destroyed. But then it says a person makes a save or takes 4d10 damage. So does that mean all objects just take 4d10 damage until they are destroyed? (aka not really "instantly" destroyed)

Spindle of Sleeping - WOW that is a REALLY powerful item for 300 gp. Imagine a stealth mission where you just keep putting people to sleep (and would get advantage to reduce the chance of the 1 on the attack roll). That plus the sleep spread, you could make a good dent on an entire palace guard with one of these.

Traveling Chest - Hilarious! I'll take 10!

Crafting - I really like the "if you fail you get an expertise die to try again within a month". A small subtle thing that gives the failed crafter a little hand back up and says "come on you can do it!"
Unless I'm missing something, the Bead of force doesn't say that it is a one and done and mentions lifting the bead with creatures inside it - so it appears to not be a throw away item.

I'd say sphere of annihilation would benefit from it's original wording "Anything else that touches but isn't wholly engulfed" being added to clarify.

Last edited:

thundershot

Adventurer
Did the Bra of Holding make the cut? lol (It was from one of the old 3E books back in the day and one of my female players had her character get one.. hilarious)

Sansang

Villager
The listed items looks amazing, I see so much utility and so little numbers and to me it's exactly as magic items should work. Belt of giants seemed crazy strong at first but, as explained in the "Starting Gear" post, it should be available only after level 10 or so, which sounds good. One little curiosity: Will the monster's CR take in account characters magic equipment, making so mandatory the various +1/+2/+3, or just the base characters? (Honestly I don't know if I should ask this here on in the Monster's post)

Remove ads

Remove ads