D&D 5E Paizo's 'The Abomination Vaults' Pathinder AP Coming to 5E

Paizo is set to release one of its adventure paths--The Abomination Vaults--for D&D 5E in November. The AP will be compiled as a hardcover and retail for $59.99. There will also be a Pathfinder 2E version of the hardcover.

The 3-part adventure path was originally released for Pathfinder 2E in early 2021, and is a big dungeon crawl adventure.

PZO2034.png

When the mysterious Gauntlight, an eerie landlocked lighthouse, glows with baleful light, the people of Otari know something terrible is beginning. Evil stirs in the depths of the Abomination Vaults, a sprawling dungeon where a wicked sorcerer attempted to raise an army of monsters hundreds of years ago. The town's newest heroes must venture into a sprawling dungeon filled with beasts and traps to prevent a spiteful spellcaster from rising again!

This complete compilation of the original Adventure Path campaign has been adapted to the newest version of the world’s oldest RPG. You’ve heard about the quality and depth of Pathfinder campaigns for years—now explore the Abomination Vaults yourself without having to learn a new game system!

Personally, I'd have picked a different Paizo AP to convert to 5E, but that's neither here nor there. I've liked Paizo's stuff in the past, but I'd be hesitant to buy anything from them currently after hearing about the dumpster fire of a workplace they had previously.

WotC should worry. Paizo has got enough experencie to publish "crunch". They are the closest company to become the D&D's rival. Paizo could publish later sourcebooks about monsters, PC races and classes. We shouldn't be surprised if some big fish from the entertaiment industry thinks Paizo's IPs could be an alternative for D&D. You know I love fool speculations about mergers and acquisitions, but a parnertship deal between Paizo and some megacorporation shouldn't be totally impossible, and if the D&D movie is a blockbuster in the top of the wave, others will try to imitate the same recipe.

Other point where Paizo could win over WotC is the no-English-speaker market. The translations of D&D is practically frozen, at least in the Spanish-speaker market. This creates a void, a space could be filled by Paizo and other 3PPs.

WotC should worry. Paizo has got enough experencie to publish "crunch". They are the closest company to become the D&D's rival. Paizo could publish later sourcebooks about monsters, PC races and classes. We shouldn't be surprised if some big fish from the entertaiment industry thinks Paizo's IPs could be an alternative for D&D. You know I love fool speculations about mergers and acquisitions, but a parnertship deal between Paizo and some megacorporation shouldn't be totally impossible, and if the D&D movie is a blockbuster in the top of the wave, others will try to imitate the same recipe.

Other point where Paizo could win over WotC is the no-English-speaker market. The translations of D&D is practically frozen, at least in the Spanish-speaker market. This creates a void, a space could be filled by Paizo and other 3PPs.
Yes, I'm sure businesses would be lining up to partner with Paizo. No, no one will bring up the dumpster fire of a workplace and question why a business would partner with another business with that sort of image. :rolleyes:

Jahydin

Hero
I think this is a great module to port over. I'm running Abomination Vaults at the moment and it feels like my "Sunless Citadel days" where I only had to prep an hour for an all-nighter of fun.

After the burnout I suffered from all the prep Out of the Abyss took, it's been a great reminder of what I like of the hobby.

I followed Paizo's APs very closely from Dragon to the early PF years and was hugely impressed by some of them, although things like Jade Regent, Mummy's Mask, Savage Tide, and even Reign of Winter could use some updating for modern tastes. Not familiar with this one though.

I have to say though, with the crowdfunded Kingmaker 5e running massively late and hitting delay after delay after delay, if I'd have backed that one I'd be pretty steamed about learning Paizo has been pouring resources into a completely different 5e AP conversion while the one I paid for years ago is still languishing in editing/layout hell.
Well, I did back Kingmaker 5e and (like all crowdfunding projects) it'll be done when its done, and I'm happy to wait for it. I've backed several projects that never arrived at all, and plenty that delivered years late, and I've learned to be quite relaxed about the whole process.

Instead, I'm excited at the chance to pick up Abomination Vaults as well.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases