D&D 5E Paladin: watcha up to citizen who is on parole? Lore Master Wizard: Pain and mischief. Paladin: oh dear sweet Pelor no!

Hypothesis: the Wizard is an illusionist wizard. He has Malleable Illusions as a subclass features.

"Starting at 6th level, when you cast an illusion spell that has a duration of 1 minute or longer, you can use your action to change the nature of that illusion (using the spell's normal parameters for the illusion), provided that you can see the illusion. "

Since the simulacrum is an illusion, and lasts longer than one minute, I'd say you (and any duplicate) could change the nature of the simulacrum within the spell normal parameter as a single action.

So once you have slept and recovered all your spell slots, you command your clone army to change to simulacrum to "you in your current state". So with full spell slots.

(of course, I'd balk at my players doing this, this is just a tought experiment)

Hypothesis: the Wizard is an illusionist wizard. He has Malleable Illusions as a subclass features.

"Starting at 6th level, when you cast an illusion spell that has a duration of 1 minute or longer, you can use your action to change the nature of that illusion (using the spell's normal parameters for the illusion), provided that you can see the illusion. "

Since the simulacrum is an illusion, and lasts longer than one minute, I'd say you (and any duplicate) could change the nature of the simulacrum within the spell normal parameter as a single action.

So once you have slept and recovered all your spell slots, you command your clone army to change to simulacrum to "you in your current state". So with full spell slots.

(of course, I'd balk at my players doing this, this is just a tought experiment)
Hmmm. Cant really be used to transfer a wizard's spell slots and class abilities to a cloned version of his body when he was true poly'd into a gold dragon though.

Still cool though.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Why not just have each sim cast wish to create a sim of you with full spell slots and that doesn't count toward the sim limitation, after having already cast the sim spell regularly of course?

Iry

Hero
Why not just have each sim cast wish to create a sim of you with full spell slots and that doesn't count toward the sim limitation, after having already cast the sim spell regularly of course?
Anything that requires DM Fiat is probably off the table.
It could work, but it could give you a big dose of monkey paw.

After the first couple days id probably start doing a mixture of that and the normal sim chain weve discussed. Once it became viable for me to so it and also acquire wishes that arent used for growth.

One of the important parts btw is that thus eventually becomes automated. That will likely involve a complex chain of wishes and once per day master of magic usage to set up after reaching critical wishing mass.

Anything that requires DM Fiat is probably off the table.
It could work, but it could give you a big dose of monkey paw.
Which is why im saying i would maybe do it but definitely wouldnt do it at least until a few days (or even weeks) in when i have enough collective spell potential to put out the arcane hellfire that is a wish gone wrong.

Remove ads