D&D Movie/TV Paramount+ Orders 8-episode D&D TV Show

According to Deadline, an 8-episode TV show has been ordered by Paramount+. The pilot epidode of...

According to Deadline, an 8-episode TV show has been ordered by Paramount+. The pilot epidode of this Dungeons & Dragons TV show was written by Rawson Mashall Thurber (Red Notice) who will also direct that episode.

Apparently multiple networks were interested in the show, with Paramount+ winning out.

The show is a partnership between Paramount+ and eOne, Hasbro's studio. Hasbro is currently in the process of selling eOne.

Dungeons-Dragons-Next-Edition-Out-Summer-2014-3306681213.jpg

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
My favorite episode of D&D Trek is when they go to that Domain of Dread where everybody is an 1800s Irish person and the resident cleric Beverly Crusher has relations with an alien/ghost who was also romantically involved with her grandma days before.

[Don't you @ me this was a real episode of TNG]
Is the next best episode where Riker bangs alien bebe newworth? Prime directive not so prime lol.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
My favorite episode of D&D Trek is when they go to that Domain of Dread where everybody is an 1800s Irish person and the resident cleric Beverly Crusher has relations with an alien/ghost who was also romantically involved with her grandma days before.

[Don't you @ me this was a real episode of TNG]
Sub Rosa. Not their best work, to say the least.

Considering Rawson Marshall Thurber's track record of movies starring the Dwayne Johnson and Dodgeball, I predict a TV show about a competitive Goat-Ball league starring Johnson as a Goliath.

Which, honestly, doesn't sound half-bad. Though if we were going to see a fantasy sports movie, I'd think Blood Bowl would be ahead of Goat-Ball.

In all seriousness, doing Dragonlance as a TV show or a live-action D&D Cartoon would be pretty darn great.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Paramount + so probably nobody will see it lol.
All the Yellowstone spinoffs like 1883 and 1923 are there (both great shows). That showrunners new show Tulsa King is there too. All the Star Treks are there as well.

They added 5M subscribers in a single quarter last quarter. That service is smoking hot right now in the streaming wars.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads