• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Parents: What cartoon/character/movie/song are you sick of?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
billd91 said:
Boo-Bah doesn't annoy me so much as weirds me out.

Word. That is some freaky crap and I have thankfully managed to switch it off every time my daughter threatens to catch a glimpse of it.

Xath said:
And as sick as I am of Charlie's Angels, I highly recommend it to anyone with young girls (9-14). There's not much language, and it shows a group of strong women who kick butt and still manage to dress like Barbie. A small girl's dream world.

No way, pal. I don't want my little girl getting the notion that as long as you're hot enough, the laws of physics don't apply to you! ;)

She's on a Dora the Explorer kick right now and I'm cool with that since it has led to her first roleplaying experience.

Korgan26

First Post
I am so sick of "The Lion King" my daughter is 20 months old and loves animals, so naturally I rented The lion King and she loved it, (It sound have been a warning when we watched it 4-5 times just in the time we had it rented) But now everyday it's "Daddy Mooby (She has troubles with V's) Simba, Simba mooby." Oh, how I loath Simba!!

Z

reapersaurus

Explorer
JimAde said:
Gah! Caillou must die!
umm... the 17 year old actress that played Caillou DID die.
So that's not as funny as it may have seemed.

And any show where my son learns words like "pulchritudinous" and "plethora" isn't nearly as bad as almost any other show out there.

However, I agree that Caillou is WAY too whiny at times.

Wombat

First Post
Okay, I am not a parent, only an uncle.

So I called all the parents I know.

Out of those with youngish children, 4 out of 5 (literally) had it in for Spongebob Squarepants. They never want to see the show again, never want to hear the song again, and want to burn all copies of the tapes. The fifth family had it in for Mary Poppins... ;)

Aeolius

Adventurer
Wombat said:
Out of those with youngish children, 4 out of 5 (literally) had it in for Spongebob Squarepants.

I just turned 39 and admit that I enjoy Spongebob Squarepants episodes. My three kids are 10 months, 6 years, and 10 years in age. I have at time referred to the show as "cathartic inanity". Granted, I have saltwater aquariums and run an undersea D&D game, so I may be slightly biased.

The Spongebob movie comes out on the 19th! I'm ready!

Last edited:

Spongebob is actually pretty cool. I can imagine a bunch of geeky guys about my age, talking about D&D and Halo 2 on their offtime, sitting around coming up with that show. There's a lot of stuff in there that's way over my kid's heads, but which is funny to me. One episode in particular I remember featuring Nosferatu; the old silent movie version. How many kids do you know who've watched the silent movie version of Nosferatu?

Mystery Man

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Spongebob is actually pretty cool. I can imagine a bunch of geeky guys about my age, talking about D&D and Halo 2 on their offtime, sitting around coming up with that show. There's a lot of stuff in there that's way over my kid's heads, but which is funny to me. One episode in particular I remember featuring Nosferatu; the old silent movie version. How many kids do you know who've watched the silent movie version of Nosferatu?
At least one. ;) My son asked after that what Nosferatu was, so I found the movie on the internet. It was out there somewhere as a free download.

Last night he asked what Botox was. It was on some cartoon or kids show on Nick. Now that's over their heads. Kids don't understand why adults want to look younger because all they want is to be grown up.

Remove ads