• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paridon: The Dark Metropolis (Ravenloft)

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, barbaric human monk

wmasters said:
Seeing the men, Perrin grabs his axes. "Trouble," he says, simply to the others, then whistles, calling Spirit, his wolf companion over to him from the fire he had been lazing in front of. Opening the door to follow, he mutters the words of his Longstrider spell so that he can catch up faster.

Ru, alerted by his companion, knocks an arrow and looks for whatever may have caused the warning, his expression cold and threatening.

[sblock=OOC]Intimidate +4[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
"Ah! How tedious!"

Abass steps out the door and rises ten feet above the entranceway. Glancing around to pinpoint the assailants, he moves through the practised motions of a spell, summoning a badger directly in the path of the nearest ruffian.

The creature is burly and belligerent.

[sblock=OOC]Activated Boots of Levitation. Summon Monster I. Duration 4 rounds. Summoned celestial badger is augmented (as per Augment Summoning feat) with a +4 to STR and CON.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Hearing trouble afoot, Father Berman says "Pardon me, miss. Stay inside for the moment. Nothing to worry about" as he draws his dragon pistol and, standing outside near the doorway, looks about at the goings-on.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Ru and Fr. Berman had stepped outside with Ada and the enforcer to wait for the carriage. Ru stood guard while Fr. Berman discussed faith in the hopes for more information. Perrin had picked up trouble and let out a signal. Hieran stepped out to start casting--it was a longer spell, and he took a moment to rise above the doorway.

Fr. Berman takes notice and shepherds a bewildered Ada back to the building while Torhan comes out to stand with them. Ru and the enforcer instinctively stand together across the entrance to the Central Barracks, a large wrought-iron gate with the black and red chevron of Paridon. Ru sees the two men approach, and scowls in distaste. The first man is older, beefy, and has the rugged ease of one used to getting dirty. His partner, on the other hand, is very young and green. Although he is a full six feet tall, he only comes to his mentor's shoulder, and nervously holds his shortsword, carefully staring at Ru's arrow tip.

The older one speaks. "Ru! Hey, funny meeting you here! How are you?"

"Stay back, Lug. You're not welcome here," Ru resopnds.

"Yeah, but you are, I suppose," Lug taunts. "Don't you worry, though. We're here to take care of the gnome. An interested third party hired us to make sure she gets back in one piece. So you got no reason to worry. Hey, toots, you're safer with us, anyway. This guy? He ain't exactly known for follow-through."

Hieran's last syllable is finished, and ground appears to rip open, with black soil billowing out of the fissure. Emerging from the displaced cobblestones is a large--and angry--badger.

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry I don't have a map ready quite yet, but I have to keep this moving right now!

Darian, Perrin, and Spirit are at the doorway. Hieran is above the doorway.

Torhan has come out to meet Fr. Berman and Ada, who are moving away from the scene, back toward inside, about 15' away.

Ru and the enforcer are standing together, making the front line of the group, standing abreast at the 10' opening of the gate. The gate is about 10' across, and is 20' from the front doors. Lug and his buddy are 10' beyond the gate, and the badger has just appeared between the enforcer and Lug's buddy.

The fog gives anyone 15' away partial concealment, and anyone 35' or more away full concealment.

Hieran has just finished his spell, and it is his initiative. From Hieran, initiative continues Torhan, Perrin (and Spirit), the enforcer, Lug, Ru, Darian, Fr. Berman, and Lug's buddy.
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Darian steps outside and stands next to Ru, crossbow at his side. He gives the two men a gentlemanly nod and doesn't remove his gaze from them as he speaks to Ru in a low, but still audible voice. "Are you in need of assistance, sir?"

ooc: Intimidate +11

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, barbaric human monk

industrygothica said:
Darian steps outside and stands next to Ru, crossbow at his side. He gives the two men a gentlemanly nod and doesn't remove his gaze from them as he speaks to Ru in a low, but still audible voice. "Are you in need of assistance, sir?"

ooc: Intimidate +11

Ru gives a wicked grin, never taking his eyes off the pair of thugs now facing a magical badger.

"I'm always happy for help cleaning up the rubbish," Ru says to Darian.

[sblock=OOC]If I'm reading your description correctly, the two thugs are only 10' from Ru. Is that correct? In that case he'll probably drop the bow and switch to unarmed melee, but since Lug has initiative, Ru may not be the one making that choice. ;)[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Torhan draws his greatsword over his shoulder, bringing it into a readied position as he approaches the hired thugs. "Drop your weapons and surrender, or face swift justice."

[sblock=OOC]
Torhan will move to block the thugs, and ready an action to attack should they make any type of threatening gesture.
[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
Abass raises his voice just enough to be heard over the growls of the badger.

"I'd move back, if I were you," he advises drily.

"He," indicating the beast, "is never happy about being disturbed."

"In fact," he adds, as the badger starts to move forward, "I'd run!"

Remove ads