D&D 5E Party Base

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
I have just uploaded Party Base to the downloads area.

My group has recently acquired an old guard tower as a base of operations. It's a fixer-upper, so I made a short document with some guidelines on ways to fix it up.

There is a really good "Stronghold Building" guide on DMsGuild: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/207...ilding-and-customizing-playerowned-structures

But, it's large. So my goal with this document was for it to be short and to-the-point. It's basically like an equipment list, but for buildings.

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

Nevvur

Explorer
Nice and compact. I might even use it if my players end up with a base of their own, though that's not really the type of story I'm looking to tell with my current campaign.

The one thing that immediately caught my attention was the price of the library upgrade. Books are rather expensive in the PHB (25 GP each).

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
Updated and expanded! I added some more Upgrades (now called Features) and moved all the special descriptions into the table itself. I also added a table of "Example Bases" to use as a starting point. I also figured out how to streamline some of the explanation and presentation (for example, much fewer asterisks on the tables). So the document is now a whopping 3 pages long, but 2 1/2 of those pages are just the tables. ;)

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
Yep my DM loves the idea... He keeps telling us we should get a base and settle down.... Then he wants us to swear fealty to a lord to buy land... we say no and the whole party ends up in the ShadowFel. lol

... It might be a while before I could use this... one day perhaps.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
v4 now posted!
  • New abstract "spaces" system means less tabulating costs of individual rooms
  • Better integration with Stronghold options in the DMG
  • Clearer organization of features on page 2, should make it easier for players to digest
  • Don't ask what happened to v3

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Yep my DM loves the idea... He keeps telling us we should get a base and settle down.... Then he wants us to swear fealty to a lord to buy land... we say no and the whole party ends up in the ShadowFel. lol

... It might be a while before I could use this... one day perhaps.

Homebase in the Shadowfell for the win!

taklinn

First Post
I might be a bit late to the party but this sounds like something i would like for my game. However the link to the download dection is faulty. Is this still available?

Remove ads