Path of Enlightenment: Chapter 2

Voda Vosa

First Post
Wang Shen and Leng press the attack, supported by Ban Lu, Kaoru and Ziang; while Koryo attempts to flank the spider fiend for a better angle of attack before he strikes.
The sipder demon is hard to hit, nimble as it is, and with the spider web entangling the heroes. However, Wang Chi is able to connect two hits, as well as Shen; and Leng draws blood from the monster once, like Koryo.
Kaoru is more lucky, strinking the beast three times in a row. Ban Lu is forced to help his allies with his divine energies, since the spider thing bites back, at both Wang and Leng. Ziang also helps restitute the imperial soldier from the nasty wound the creature produced. The spider launches another web around itself!

[sblock=Battle!]

Sorry for the 14 days of delay!

Conditions
--------------Heroes:
In initiative order
-------SPIDER FIEND: -57 (AC: 23, Ref: 18, Fort: ?, Will: ?)
Lucky Leng 43/43 (-12, +1 healing surge of 9 +5 from ban lu )Inmovilized
Ban Lu 32/32
Ziang 36/36
Kaoru 35/35
Wang 32/46 (-20, -12, +2, +2 healing surges: 11 hp each +1from ziang and 4 from ban lu)
Korio 36/36
Shen 36/36 Inmovilized

Ban Lu, Lucky Leng and Wang Chi are immobilized until the spider's end of next turn or until they save. Either way they are immobilized for this round.
So Leng's actions should be changed accounting for this fact, plus he needs to make a saving through.

The grey area in the map is now difficult terrain.

Feel free to move your tokens around in the map.

Map

[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Ziang Yu

Ziang continious his tactic, cursing himself that he has no formula to help the ones in the web.

[sblock=OOC]

Using Magic Weapon for hopefully best effect with my 'crossbow'. If anyone falls blow 0 HP, Healing Infusion as minor action.

[sblock=Powers]
Magic weapon (crossbow) (Range 15; +9 vs AC / 1d8+5 damage; each ally next to me gain +1 att and +2dam)
Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture (Minor Cl Burst 5; can spend HS, heals 1 extra)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Ziang Yu
Perception: 17 Insight: 14 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 15 Reflex 16 Will 14
Hit Points: 36 / 36 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 9 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will: Aggravating Force, Magic weapon, Static Shock
Encounter Powers: Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula / Healing Infusion 2/2, Curative Admixture, Burning Weapons, Lightning Sphere
Daily Powers: Icebound Sigil, Restorative Infusion
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
Kaoru maintains his course of action, buoyed by their results thus far. Maintaining a distance from the creature he launches a series of acidic orbs through his dagger.

[sblock="Acid Orb"]Acid, Arcane, Implement
Standard ACTION
Ranged 20
TARGET One creature
Attack: Wyrmtooth Dagger +1: +7 attack vrs REF
Hit: 1d10+11 damage.
Special: This power can be used as a ranged basic attack.[/sblock][sblock="stats"]Str 10, Con 13, Dex 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 18
AC: 15 Fort: 14 Reflex: 16 Will: 19
HP: 35 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 8
Speed: 6, Initiative: +8
Sense: Perception +6, Insight +1[/sblock]

Helfdan

First Post
Wang Chi

Wang continues to ply his blade as he feels the pain of wounds and the relief brought by Ban Lu's prayers. Even as the webbing glues his feet to the ground, he continues cutting and thrusting at the arachnid demon!
[sblock=OOC]
Wang uses Divine Mettle as a Minor action to save at the start of his turn... but fails!!!

Will use Minor Action to mark spidey again with Divine challenge.

Not worth rolling a saving throw at the end of my turn, since spidey acts before me anyway.

Pg 277 of PHB states Immobilized characters can move from their square, but they can attack... so I'll continue with Valiant Strike, as per my last post (+9 vs AC, damage 1d8+7, 15+1d8 on critical)

[/sblock]

Durlak

First Post
Leng tries to break free from the sticky spiderweb. Then he presses the attack trying to flank it with the help of his friends.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Save (1d20=5)

Ban Lu struggles vainly against the webs. "Spread out if you can, make it harder for her to catch several of us in her webs."

OOC: All are +2 to AC for the encounter. If Ban Lu can get free of the webs he'll continue as before, attacks that support others with either healing or bonuses to hit as needed.

[sblock=Actions]Lance of Faith Cleric Attack 1
A brilliant ray of light sears your foe with golden radiance. Sparkles of light linger around the target, guiding your ally’s attack.
At-Will ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action Ranged 5
Target: One creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier radiant damage, and one ally you can see gains a +2 power bonus to his or her next attack roll against the target.
Increase damage to 2d8 + Wisdom modifier at 21st level.

or

Sacred Flame Cleric Attack 1
Sacred light shines from above, searing a single enemy with its radiance while at the same time aiding an ally with its beneficent power.
At-Will ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action Ranged 5
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier radiant damage, and one ally you can see chooses either to gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + one-half your level or to make a saving throw.
Increase damage to 2d6 + Wisdom modifier at 21st level.

If someone gets wounded he'll switch to

Healing Strike Cleric Attack 1
Divine radiance gleams from your weapon. When you smite your enemy, your deity bestows a minor blessing in the form of healing for you or one of your allies.
Encounter ✦ Divine, Healing, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier radiant damage, and the target is marked until the end of your next turn. In addition, you or one ally within 5 squares of you can spend a healing surge.

If someone gets bloodied he'll use Healing word:

Healing Word Cleric Feature
You whisper a brief prayer as divine light washes over your target, helping to mend its wounds.
Encounter (Special) ✦ Divine, Healing

Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round. At 16th level, you can use this power three times per encounter.
Minor Action Close burst 5 (10 at 11th level, 15 at 21st level)
Target: You or one ally
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6 hit points.
Increase the amount of additional hit points regained to 2d6 at 6th level, 3d6 at 11th level, 4d6 at 16th level, 5d6 at 21st level, and 6d6 at 26th level.

He'll use his implement for all attacks:

Implement (Holy Symbol)
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus
Power (Daily + Healing): Free Action. Trigger: You use your second wind, or you use a power that allows you to spend a healing surge to regain hit points. Effect: One ally within 5 squares of you can spend a healing surge.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]

Ability Scores
Str 12 Con 10 Dex 13 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 13

Init +1; Vision normal; Perception +5
AC 17; Fort 14; Ref 14; Will 20

Hit Points 32
Bloodied 16; Healing Surge 8; Surges/Day 7+0Con

Speed 6
Feats
Astral Fire +1 damage with fire or radiant power
Human Perseverance +1 to saves
Weapon Focus Unarmed strike +1 damage with unarmed strike attacks
Innate Martial Arts Unarmed strike attack +3 proficiency 1d4+str attack with a +1 to unarmed grab attempts
Martial Arts Training Use powers with Unarmed Strike
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well, I don't seem to be able to update this game as often as I would want. Either it is lack of time or inspiration, this game is always delayed. It is unfair from me to ask you to keep posting when I am the one that delays the most. I think it is time to close up show here. Perhaps I'll relunch this one when inspiration strucks me again, perhaps with more time, and better organized.
I thank you all for your time and energy spent, and for the brainstorming for the techniques and stances we made up together, this was a nice experiment, that now comes to an end. I hope to see you all around, I know I will.

Gracias Totales.

Scotley

Hero
Playing Ban Lu has been great fun. Thanks to everyone for the interesting characters and to VV for the game. I'm sorry to see it go, but the truth is, had you been posting regularly I'd have had a lot of trouble keeping up as my life is very busy these days.

Remove ads