Path of Enlightenment: Chapter 2

Voda Vosa

First Post
Leng manages to get free from the webs, along with Wang and Ban Lu.
All the warriors attack, but only Leng's sword reaches and finds its mark. The arachnid monster dances away from the other attacks.

Well I think I've come up with something to boost this game, since there has been a general lack of activity, mainly from my part. Here's the main items of my plan:
-You'll give me your character's intended actions for the next 3 rounds, place some conditionals, as "If Sheng is at 5 hp drink potion" or "if another party memeber is near death, use healing word instead of the actions for that round" or "If monster moves out of reach, use ranged power
-I'll do the rolling. It saves time for everyone, you the players wont have to bother linking and rolling, and I'll roll all the dices at once instead of checking each post to see what they got.
-You'll only have to place the pertinent modifiers on the OOC comments for your intended and conditional actions.
-If believing you'll be under some effect, place conditionals as what would you do if you save or if you don't.

I think this will keep the peace and will orient combats more to the RP side, I hope.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Ban Lu focuses on helping his allies in the struggle against the terrible spider Oni. He calls upon divine power to bring down the foe and bolster his allies. His divine shield continues to protect them all (+2 to AC for encounter).

OOC:
[sblock]

Lance of Faith Cleric Attack 1
A brilliant ray of light sears your foe with golden radiance. Sparkles of light linger around the target, guiding your ally’s attack.
At-Will ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action Ranged 5
Target: One creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier radiant damage, and one ally you can see gains a +2 power bonus to his or her next attack roll against the target.
Increase damage to 2d8 + Wisdom modifier at 21st level.

or

Sacred Flame Cleric Attack 1
Sacred light shines from above, searing a single enemy with its radiance while at the same time aiding an ally with its beneficent power.
At-Will ✦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action Ranged 5
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier radiant damage, and one ally you can see chooses either to gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + one-half your level or to make a saving throw.
Increase damage to 2d6 + Wisdom modifier at 21st level.

If someone gets wounded he'll switch to

Healing Strike Cleric Attack 1
Divine radiance gleams from your weapon. When you smite your enemy, your deity bestows a minor blessing in the form of healing for you or one of your allies.
Encounter ✦ Divine, Healing, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier radiant damage, and the target is marked until the end of your next turn. In addition, you or one ally within 5 squares of you can spend a healing surge.

If someone gets bloodied he'll use Healing word:

Healing Word Cleric Feature
You whisper a brief prayer as divine light washes over your target, helping to mend its wounds.
Encounter (Special) ✦ Divine, Healing

Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round. At 16th level, you can use this power three times per encounter.
Minor Action Close burst 5 (10 at 11th level, 15 at 21st level)
Target: You or one ally
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6 hit points.
Increase the amount of additional hit points regained to 2d6 at 6th level, 3d6 at 11th level, 4d6 at 16th level, 5d6 at 21st level, and 6d6 at 26th level.

He'll use his implement for all attacks:

Implement (Holy Symbol)
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus
Power (Daily + Healing): Free Action. Trigger: You use your second wind, or you use a power that allows you to spend a healing surge to regain hit points. Effect: One ally within 5 squares of you can spend a healing surge.

[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Ability Scores
Str 12 Con 10 Dex 13 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 13

Init +1; Vision normal; Perception +5
AC 17; Fort 14; Ref 14; Will 20

Hit Points 32
Bloodied 16; Healing Surge 8; Surges/Day 7+0Con

Speed 6
Feats
Astral Fire +1 damage with fire or radiant power
Human Perseverance +1 to saves
Weapon Focus Unarmed strike +1 damage with unarmed strike attacks
Innate Martial Arts Unarmed strike attack +3 proficiency 1d4+str attack with a +1 to unarmed grab attempts
Martial Arts Training Use powers with Unarmed Strike

[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Ziang Yu

Not willing to use his strongest formulars to early, Ziang hopes the can wear the enemy down without loosing to much of their ressources.

[sblock=OOC]

Using Magic Weapon for hopefully best effect with my 'crossbow'. If anyone falls blow 0 HP, Healing Infusion as minor action.

[sblock=Powers]
Magic weapon (crossbow) (Range 15; +9 vs AC / 1d8+5 damage; each ally next to me gain +1 att and +2dam)
Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture (Minor Cl Burst 5; can spend HS, heals 1 extra)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Ziang Yu
Perception: 17 Insight: 14 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 15 Reflex 16 Will 14
Hit Points: 36 / 36 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 9 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will: Aggravating Force, Magic weapon, Static Shock
Encounter Powers: Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula / Healing Infusion 2/2, Curative Admixture, Burning Weapons, Lightning Sphere
Daily Powers: Icebound Sigil, Restorative Infusion
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: If you guys could follow Scotley's example and give me all pertinent information as he did, it would be great. Otherwise I could assume a not very convenient course of action for your PCs

Legildur

First Post
Kaoru curses his lack of concentration in the face of the threat and resolves to serve his companions better. Maintaining a distance from the creature he launches a series of acidic orbs through his dagger.

[sblock="Acid Orb"]Acid, Arcane, Implement
Standard ACTION
Ranged 20
TARGET One creature
Attack: Wyrmtooth Dagger +1: +7 attack vrs REF
Hit: 1d10+11 damage.
Special: This power can be used as a ranged basic attack.

If Kaoru determines that the spider demon has siginificant resistances, then he will invoke the Daily Item power of his dagger:

Power (Daily): Free Action. Until the end of the encounter, sorcerer attack powers you use through this dagger ignore the resistances of any enemy within 10 squares of you.[/sblock]
[sblock="stats"]Str 10, Con 13, Dex 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 18
AC: 15 Fort: 14 Reflex: 16 Will: 19
HP: 35 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 8
Speed: 6, Initiative: +8
Sense: Perception +6, Insight +1[/sblock]
[sblock="ooc question"]Can someone check my attack bonus? Using Acid Orb through dagger +1 (as implement) and with feat Implement Expertise (light blade), I make the attack bonus as +10 (Cha +4, half level +1, dagger prof +3, enhancement +1, feat +1). Or do I not include the dagger prof?

edit: no prof included - stats updated to reflect. Thanks VV[/sblock]

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Wang Chi

The young soldier twirls his blade as he charges into the fray. He focuses his disgust at the horrible creature into making his attacks more precise, while using his left hand to protect himself with the Stone Palm technique.

[sblock=OOC]
Will attack all three rounds with Valiant Strike:
+9 vs AC, damage 1d8+7, +1d8 on a critical

Will continue to mark the beast with Divine Challenge as needed (if it makes any attacks that don't include Wang, it has -2 to hit and takes 5 pts radiant damage)

Use Stone Palm for AC 21 (23 with Ban Lu's shield)

If despite the mark the spider focuses on someone else, will use Lay-on-hands as needed to heal
[/sblock]

Remove ads