Pathfinder 2 Character Sheet #5: Merisiel, Elf Rogue

Merisiel, the elf rogue, is the subject of our 5th Pathfinder 2nd Edition pregenerated character reveal! Check out the sneak attacks, and nimble dodges!

Paizo's Mark Seifter says "Merisiel ... is all about sneaking, skills, and high damage sneak attacks, especially if it’s also a critical hit with her deadly rapier: 4d6+1d8+8, ouch! Merisiel has more skill feats than anyone else, and more skills too. Note that she is trained in Religion, which you might not expect for a rogue, but she’s learning from her girlfriend Kyra."

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 10.15.58.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 10.16.11.png

Tomorrow will be the final preview, when me meet Ezren, the human wizard!

parcival42

First Post
Dagger damage

Did they leave the damage bonus off the dagger entry? Since it has the Finesse keyword, it should also get the +4 damage modifier the rapier has, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

Staffan

Legend
That said, the HP different between Rogue and Paladin (and other full martials like Fighter, etc.) has doubled from a difference of 1/level (4.5 vs. 5.5 per level) to a difference of 2/level (8 vs. 10 per level) so at higher levels Seelah is going to end up with significantly more HP than Merisiel, regardless of the slightly lower CON.
I believe they've said they're increasing the relative hp difference between classes (leading to more hp overall), because they want Con to be slightly less valuable. In PF1, a +2 Constitution advantage is enough to get a rogue or cleric up to fighter-level hp, which is a bit annoying.

Experienced Smuggler is how Pickpocket ought to work: you don't need the feat to smuggle, but you get a benefit if you have it.

The particular floor effect it creates, however, makes me wonder how well it scales into higher levels.

Surprise Attack surprises me. (Ha) Because it means combatants are not normally flat-footed at the beginning of combat.

Also, shouldn't the dagger be listed as both ranged and melee?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases