• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Beta Gnome Druid Melee char help

Phasics

First Post
need some help with a character design I'm looking at playing. GM wants to run an official Pathfinder Campaign and only wants to use the Core Pathfinder Beta book, no supplements.
So I'm having a little trouble putting my character together.
Basically it plays in 3 stages.
1st Stage (starting at lv1)
Gnome Druid
uses animal companion as mount
being able to use hooked gnome hammer would be fun but not essential
will be a summmoner riding into battle with a pack of wild animals
I was wonderinf if shortspear would quaify for "lance" double dmg on a riding charge since a lance is not much more than a shaped spear.
2nd Stage
Wildshaping
Once char can wildshape does not need to ride as much and will become one of the pack animals during combat
is there any way to get more than 1 wildshape/day without leveling, and how overpowering would unlimited wild shaping be if you set an arbitart limit on the number of forms you can assume.
3rd Stage
Wildshape maxes out at Druid 12
want to make the most of being a melee combatant playing the raging beast in combat backed up by a pack of critters.
Any got any ideas on progression ? feel like I'm trying to do to much when really the char is evolving and dropping old tactics and powers for new ones.

acutally just on the wildshaping
how does this sound for balenced
you can use one wildshape use , to take the form of creature as normal. Once you taken that form your free to shifting in and out of that form as a free action. If you assume a differnt creature form you must spend a second use of wildshape if you have no more uses left you can only change into the forms you did when first using that use.
e.g. at 4 th level you can wildshape into a wolf in the morning, you shifting back and then shift agai into a wolf later on. You cannot however shift into a snake.
after 8hrs rest you wildshape into a snake, you can now shift freely into a snake all day but cannot assume the form of a wolf today.
e.g.
1 form /day at 4th
2 forms /day at 6th
3 forms / day at 8th
etc
etc

Remove ads