• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast hp=15/18

After glancing around the bedchamber and seeing little to interest him, Ray will move back out to check on Brawar.

"Might not be such a great idea to lag behind the group like this,
says Ray, I fully expect more dastardly villains to arrive any moment now ... I'm just sayin', ya know? Oh, yeah, the scroll! Anything good on that hunk-a-paper?"

Walking Dad

First Post
ooc: DC 19 Perception fails to find anything new. Does anyone wants to aid, taking 10?

The scroll contains the arcane spell Fireball (CL 5).

There is still the closed door between the dining- and the meeting room.

Walking Dad

First Post
Together, you find a secret compartment in the floor under the bugbear's "bed." Ther is a loose stone in the floor that can be pried up to reveal a small hole. In the hole are 50 gold pieces, a potion with a slashed through flame and a signet ring bearing the symbol of a warhammer and an anvil (the insignia of this dwarven stronghold).

Leif

Adventurer

"Well, well, well. I imagine that there's a stubby, somewhat rotund fellow who will be very happy to see that ring once again! Exellent job on finding the hideyhole, my friends!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brawar reads the scroll in almost reverent awe. Not noticing Ray's question as he rereads the scroll to make sure it is what he believes it to be.

As the others discovery the secert compartment and it's contents he rolls the scroll up and places it in his empty scroll case. "I think Sir Ray is right let us find some of the dwarf folk, or at least find out what has happened to all of them. Where to next?"

Leif

Adventurer

When the group is gathered and ready to proceed, Ray will open the door and scan the area, looking for the next place that they will search.

"Now if I was a Dwarf, where would I be most likely to hole-up? Or, if I was a goblinoid, where would I be most likely to assault next? Any ideas, fellas?"

Arkhandus

First Post
Cade the rogue

"Huh," Cade mutters, "Who'd've thought the gobbos woulda missed somethin' in their ransackin'. But here 'tis, a few licks o' gold 'n' a bottle o' somethin' funny. Judgin' by the funny markin', and the fact we found it in a dwarf's room, I'd say it must be some kinda magic potion havin' t'do wit' fire somehow, not jes' some stash o' beer wit' no bite to it. Any dwarf's secret stash would hafta be some good, strong beer, 'n' wouldn't have this funny markin'. Take a look at it, Brawar." Cade tosses the potion bottle to Brawar, while pocketing some gold coins and leaving the rest for the others.

Standing back up, Cade dusts himself off a bit and checks out the other door nearby, checking it over for traps and then opening it if he finds none.
[sblock=ooc]Take 20 to search the door for traps, totalling a 30 Perception. Then, if he finds any traps on or around it, Cade's Disable Device roll to disarm them is an 18. Second check is an 11 to pick any lock on the door, obviously failing. He'll take 20 on the lock afterward for a 29 total, if there is a lock, and assuming he doesn't get knocked out or killed by a trap on the door first. :p
1d20+9=18, 1d20+9=11 [/sblock]

Remove ads