• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: Lord Noran's War (IC)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Shajrom and Phai: Scouting the Orc Camp

OOC: Assuming that Shajrom is scouting with Phai.

Shajrom and Phai, invisible, slip quietly into the perimeter of the orc camp. As they near the various campfires of the brutish creatures, they note that the orcs aren't settling down to rest...on the contrary, they appear to be starting their daily routines.

OOC: Knowledge (Local) checks if you have ranks in it, please.

The ogre mage's honor guard is still stationed outside of his tent and there does not seem to be any detectable activity within...at least not at this range.

Ahote: At Camp

Finding himself alone, Ahote also finds himself spotting an orc patrol ranging further afield...and unknowingly approaching his position as the six orcs distract eachother with boastful tales of their prowess in battle.

Nyrazha: Spying on Fire

Though the noise of the elemental's crackling flames prevents her from hearing what is being said, Nyrazha does recall tales from home about the fire caste's tactics against Thay...burning infrastructure and resources such as farm fields and lumber forests in order to sap the economic strength and well being of an enemy.

Yttermayn

First Post
OOC: Ok, I have something fun to try, but I realized that I never put down languages known. Is it safe to assume, knowing the great feud between elves and orcs, that Ahote would know orcish?

Yttermayn

First Post
OOC: cool! edit: I just realized that my int bonus is 0 (10). Unless the 3.5 rules are different than 3.0 on this subject, I don't know any other languages besides common and elvish. If that's the case, is it concivable I'd at least know a couple of often used orcish words, like "kill" and "cowards"?

Ahote moves to a position in between the orc patrol and the campsite. He will move as far as he can away from the camp along that trajectory, but no closer than 60'. He will take 20, if possible, to hide himself from sight. He is being mindfull of orcish darkvision. He will watch and wait. If the patrol seems like it is going to come too close to the campsite, he will wait until he is confident he can do some spellcasting without drawing attention to himself. He will cast ghost sound with the following sound description: Many orcish voices, in a random cadence, each voice whispering one word in orcish: "Cowards". The round after ghost sound is cast, Ahote will cast silent image. The image description: Using his knowledge of religion, Ahote's image will be of a massive, impressively built orc, in the nastiest, most terrifying and awe inspiring armor he can imagine. This orc has one eye, the other having been gouged out and leaving a horrific scar. (OOC: Obviously, trying to make a convincing apparition of Grumsh) Grumsh will approach the orcish patrol and very deliberately point at three random orcs in the party, indicating the cowards in their group. If that isn't enough to get them fighting each other or fleeing, and they don't discover the ruse, Ahote will toss another ghost sound out there that will be one more word in orcish, in an impossibly deep and terrifying voice: "Kill."
If that dosn't work, well, I guess I'll just fireball the lot of them. :heh:

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Shajrom whispers to Phai: "I think these fools are preparing to move on, after the scouts come back, they will certainly start moving. We could see their speed and their formation on the move, and the positions of the guards when they settled down."

Remove ads