• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: Lord Noran's War (IC)

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: The Dwarf looks similar to Markl in "Howl moving castle" when he uses his disguise of a long beard old man. You can see a short and completely cloaked dwarf, with a huge beard hanging from the hood opening.

Shajrom walked some steps, then noticing Hrugnir was walking after him, he turns.
"If ye'r going to the lords keep, come with me, I don't think ye'll got problem to keep track of me with that legs..." The Dwarf said quickly before turning again, and starting walking as fast as he can, his long beards, moving side to side.

ethandrew

First Post
Keefe grins, "Yes, Varace, I should like to know that too, unless you did not realize I was to be here and someone just woke me up early for no reason." He glances at the angel and winks.

shadowmask

First Post
Nyrazha watches the exchange keenly. She, too, feels the sting of the Minister's insult, but holds her tongue.

I wonder...is there perhaps a power-play involved? Where do the Ministers' loyalties truly lie? Who are our allies, in truth?

[sblock=OOC]Nyrazha's Sense Motive check: Who is trustworthy in regards to the Emiran, Water Sect, cause? (1d20+5=19)[/sblock]

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The Capital City of Azgund, The King's Palace

OOC: Lynx_The_one, are you still planning on using detect evil?

Nyrazha senses the ambition of Varace and his entourage, but cannot fathom if that ambition is for their own empowerment, the advancement of the interests of Azgund, or benevolence toward the Emirates.

Varace nods to Kae'Ari and Keefe, "The King's nephew was asked here for one very simple reason actually. There is another matter of utmost importance...a conflict within Azgund's own borders. Lord Noran of Vedlund has...refused to send his troops to the Emirates to support the war effort. It is my sincere hope that he can be convinced of the error of his ways. To that end, I humbly request, Ambassador, that the diplomatic services of your daughter may be put at our disposal to convince him. Kae'Ari, we would humbly ask you to speak to the Healing Light in Vedlund and convince them that our cause is just...they're support would further convince Noran of his error. Finally, Prince Keefe, we humbly ask you to accompany them as you are familiar with the doings of the Lords and how to navigate the halls of power."

Frontier City of Delagund, Duchy of Vedlund

At the gate...

The guards look baffled and one of them mutters, "Durned crazy elf is what he is, half or not." The other guard says to his companion, "The Lord's been looking for foreign support...maybe this elf is here to see the Lord." He turns to Ahote, "That's it, huh...you're here to see Lord Noran! Well, you just head up to the keep, then. Don't let us keep you, sir elf." He bows awkwardly, whispering to his companion, "See, you just gotta know how to speak their language is all."

Lord Noran's Keep...

Hrugnir and Shajrom arrive in Lord Noran's grand hall. In the keep of any other Lord, this room would be full of finery, lush furnishings and grand portrayals of the Lord's accomplishments. Lord Noran has turned it into a planning room, full of tables upon which lay maps and papers. His strategic advisors are gathered around him at the central table as Hrugnir and Shajrom are ushered in. Shortly thereafter, Guard Sergeant Emran and his nephew, Phai arrive.

Lord Noran rises and bids the newcomers to approach, "Thank you for coming. Sergeant Emran, your report?"

Emran bows respectfully to Noran, "We have just barely enough troops to support the walls against a seige my lord...and not enough supplies to sustain them for more than a week. Militia numbers are low...many of our youth left to join the King's Army of their own volition."

Noran nods, "It is good that you brought your nephew." He turns to the half-elf, the half-ogre, and the dwarf, "Vedlund has need of you. We have information that the King will move against us, soon. He doesn't like dissidents, and my actions have labeled us as such in his eyes. We are planning on defending the town against a possible seige from the King's Army. Any insight you can provide to bolster the defense would be appreciated."

Yttermayn

First Post
"Thank you!" Ahotes says and gives the guard a gracefull bow to accompany a magnificent smile. Ahote then clicks his tounge as he gently tugs his horses rein, and then looks pointedly at his lizard familiar. "You too, dog!" he commands as he leads them both into the city in the general direction of the lord's keep.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Shajrom unhoods himself showing a bold head with hair on its sides. A lot of hair.
"My Lord, I answer yer call, but as ye know, I'm no fighter. As yer humble servant, I could probe useful in other tasks, that be more accurate to my skills, if ye understand what I mean." The Dwarf take a short bow, with his right arm crossed over his chest, making his beard bend as his body does. His eyes were cunning, as he look Noran straight into the eyes.

blackdraco

First Post
“I am no worrier either, my lord” phaidadru says in a respective voice. “And as mr… uhm... ” Looking at the dwarf, which name he didn’t knew “the dwarf, my skills could be found more useful otherwise. “He says with a smile and bows for lord Noran.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"My name is Shajrom, young Phaidadru, do not forget it" The Dwarf looked at the young wizard with narrow eyes, of a deep black color. His look was one not so easy to stand.

Remove ads