• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Journey

ethandrew

First Post
I'm assuming there are many building that this key could appear to match? Honestly, other than putting the key into every building, she's tempted to go talk to that Anareesa girl, she might know. At least she could assuage her worries. I like that plan best. Back to the tournament!

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Timeline wise, Estelle is entering late afternoon, after the archery tournament (and thus after the action currently going on in the main IC thread), but before the start of the Debate.

Grobnobble's has wrapped up its first showing for the day by the time Estelle arrives. The tournament crowd is at a bit of lull, with some of the tournament goers going home for a brief meal in between events.

As Estelle approaches Grobnobble's Circus tent, she sees most of the performers gathered on the west side of the tent, enjoying a meal together while sitting in the grass. Grobnobble himself is lecturing the group about today's performance, what went well, what needs improvement, and what was downright disastrous.

ethandrew

First Post
Standing in whatever shadow she can find while keeping an eye on the proceedings, Estelle watches the assembled group, trying to spot Anareesa. She seems perfectly content with waiting, knowing this gnome couldn't carry on forever. But he was still a gnome after all, so...

Watching all these people, these friends and associates, it hit her. She had just killed someone. Sure she had defended herself in the past, even stabbed a couple undead, but not a living, breathing soul. Admittedly it was kill or be killed, that rationale held true, but that did nothing to assuage the guilt she felt. Perhaps there was a newly orphaned child sitting behind the locked door her new key would open. She sighs heavily and slumps back a bit. She's always had urges to kill. Just moments before Rossler challenged her Estelle had an intense urge to plunge a dagger in his throat, but she resisted, much like she always did.

But did she just open the flood gates? She's spilled blood; warm, fresh, flowing blood. And the idea, the visual that replayed in her mind disgusted her and enticed her all the same.

She never did clean the blood of the blade, and so she unsheathed the rapier and stared at the newly congealed red-brown for a moment before wiping on the grass, spitting on the blade if she needed. Whatever she could to get it off, to get it out of her mind.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The rapiers seem rather unhappy at one of them being put away dirty. Estelle gets a strong feeling of disgust from them until the cleaning is done.

Grobnobble finally stops prognosticating and the assemblage starts to come up to recieve their day's pay. Estelle spots Anareesa lingering near the back, alone and looking lonely, as if she were isolating herself for some reason.

ethandrew

First Post
Estelle apologizes to the rapiers as she puts them away and feels quite foolish when she does so. But when she spots the trapeze artist she seizes her opportunity and gracefully moves her way toward the girl, sliding up beside her, "Hey beautiful, saw you all alone and thought I should let you know that I took care of that little problem for you. So you've nothing to worry about. That's good right?" Estelle smiles at Anareesa, hoping for a smile or some happy reaction.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Anareesa looks at Estelle with a puzzled look, "The only other person who calls me beautiful these days is Armand and he's not interested in girls. I, I don't understand what you mean, though. Did something happen to Rossler?"

ethandrew

First Post
"You could put it that way, just know that he won't come bothering you ever again," she smiles that intoxicating smile. "But you said you worked for him one, right? Then do you know where these go to?" Estelle pulls out the set of three keys and isolates the one that looks like it's made for a residence, showing it to Anareesa.

Remove ads