Paths of Legend: The Journey

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
"Hey, wait, I don't know how to... I mean, I've never...you're not waiting. Don't die. Please, don't die."

Estelle manages to slip one of her thieves tools into the mechanism and wedge it just right. OOC: DC was exactly 18.

The wardrobe should open without incident, assuming Estelle unlocks it first.

ethandrew

First Post
Estelle exhales once the door swings open. She lets out a nervous laugh, "Wow, I didn't think I'd get that. I was afraid I was gonna get shot by a dart there, probably poisoned. No fun."

She opens the doors up widely, and then will do the same to the dresser as well, rummaging through anything useful or valuable, which hopefully would be plenty since the former occupant was a black market fence.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The dresser contains undergarments and other assorted sundries of little value or use.

The wardrobe contains various outfits, most of which are of courtier quality. In addition, a spare rapier (regular quality) hangs in the back of the wardrobe and a note, written in the flowing red script Estelle recognizes as belonging to the dark eyed half-elf, Silevran.

Though I shan't bore you with the details, my business in the city may come under scrutiny by certain individuals. I will pay quite handsomely for evidence of their demise. They are members of an Adventurers' Guild group that journeyed to Silvergard. Their descriptions follow.

A Tureni man of stern countenance, most likely a ranger.

Another Tureni man, younger, usually accompanied by a hawk.

A centaur.

A mountain dwarf, though be cautious in dealing with this one as his brother is likely well known to you: Ironhands.

An Azgundi man of wizardly training, somewhat scruffy.

An elven woman, blond hair and blue eyes, likely to be accompanied by the Tureni ranger. Do not approach this one directly but instead report her where abouts to me. I will collect her personally.

ethandrew

First Post
"Huh." Estelle folds up the note and hides it on her person. She then reaches in and grabs the rapier, offering it to Anareesa.

"Here. If ever you need to protect yourself, just poke them with the pointy end." She closes the wardrobe and the dresser and locks them both back again and heads toward the door. "I think I'm done here. You ready?"

I feel Estelle should see if she can't find the Silvergard group and warm them of what she's seen. She's not ready to join their ranks so if she spots them, she'd watch them for a bit before approaching.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: I don't know if you've seen the OOC thread yet, but Renaldo's player is starting to figure things out. :]

OOC: Where is Estelle going to look for the Silvergarders?

Anareesa takes the rapier, "Thank you. I need to get back. The circus has an evening performance and Grobnobble will throw a fit if I'm late."

ethandrew

First Post
"Yeah, let's get out of here before people coming looking for Rossler," Estelle says. And with that the two women leave the apartment, Estelle locking it before she exits the building.

She'll accompany Anareesa back to the circus and head over to where the tournament's festivities are being held. Now that night has settled she is sure that the archery contest that was earlier has since concluded. She'll stay around the edges of the whatever gathering, hoping to find a glimpse of the group and attempting to stay unnoticed and within whatever shadows she might find.

Indeed he's figured something out, maybe not that there's two Estelles but that something is up.

So Estelle will go to the Debate and try to go unseen by the group. She'll cloak up if she must too.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: In that case, we're at a stopping point here. I think, in the interest of keeping the suspense up, that we'll have you switch to this Estelle in the IC thread, starting at the debate. Try to have the "other" excuse herself from the group after the conversation with the giant-man and Pryzm and I'll take her over from there. It'll be interesting to see how the players react when the real Estelle meets Renaldo. ;)

If need be, we'll come back to this thread if the real Estelle goes off on her own again. :]

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Resurrecting this thread for the solo endeavors of the loyal Renaldo and his journey into darkness.

IC:

Estelle leads Renaldo by the hand through the city, to the Candle District, which, with the evening approaching, is just starting to see some activity, and into one of the larger establishments, the Widow's Walk.

The main door is decorated with a spiderweb motif and elaborate balconies on the second floor front the street. Inside, the common room is lit with lanterns with red and purple filters, meant to give the room an eerie quality, though the sun's early evening light still mutes that effect at the moment. The tables and chairs share the main entrances web-like design. The bar is in the center of the tavern, with the bartender standing at its center, a small staircase leading down into the basement beneath where, apparently, all of the liquor is stored. Two grand stairways on either end of the room lead upstairs.

The bartender looks up and, upon seeing Estelle, frowns, "Next time you kill someone, the least you could do is clean up the mess."

Estelle looks at the man quizzically, "I don't know what you are talking about."

The bartender rolls his eyes, "Don't play the twit with me. Earlier today, you killed Rossler with those fancy new rapiers...hey, where'd the rapiers go? Did you sell 'em?"

Estelle's eyes widen with alarm and she takes Renaldo upstairs, not answering the bartender at all. She leads Renaldo to one of the private rooms, opening it with a key she produces from her vest pocket. Within is a lush bed and mirrored wardrobe, a set of decorative doors leading out to one of the balconies.

Her demeanor is still condescending as she speaks to Renaldo after closing the door, "Now, we wait here for a while. It would seem that there's another Estelle running around. We'll need to dispose of her. She is, afterall, an imposter up to no good, wouldn't you agree, my love?"

ethandrew

First Post
All I ask is the Scott doesn't read what has already been posted in here. It contains sensitive Estelle material that I've tried to do a good job to hide from the party.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Absolutely my sweet" he walks over to her and breathes in her ear with his wam breath, perhaps in the mean time we can test this bed to see if it is as good at what it need to do as seems." he says this as he is starting to rub her sholders, as one would to a lover. (I hope I dont get banned from en world for the suggestive nature of this post, but he is under the pretense of being under the effects of a love potion.)

Remove ads