Paths of Legend: The Journey

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Just keep it PG-13. ;)

After about 10 minutes, there is a knock at the door and Estelle gets up to open it.

A half-elven man enters the room, his eyes as dark as night. There is something altogether unsettling about this man. Estelle closes the door after him.

The man looks Renaldo over appraisingly, finally speaking to Estelle as if Renaldo weren't there, "Who is this? Someone useful I hope."

Estelle answers, "Oh yes. He's one of Lady Nineveh's personal guards. We've hit a snag, though. The real Estelle is here in the city somewhere. She killed Rossler."

The man's face turns darker and his voice takes an ominous tone, "That means she knows I have the Dagger. We must plan our next move carefully. Take this one," he indicates Renaldo with a mere nod of his head, "to our special room and do what needs to be done. I'll be in contact when I've found our other target."

He turns to leave as Estelle stares at Renaldo intently.

OOC: Make a Will save.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Just the players in Azgundi Tournaments and a couple of other folks I extended personal invites to.

Estelle stares a moment longer, then places a hand on the half-elf's shoulder, causing him to pause. She says, "He's resisting me."

She approaches Renaldo slowly and cautiously, her voice taking on a dangerous tone, "Have you been playing me, this whole time?"

The half-elf turns and watches the exchange.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
1d20+6=7

*OOC: ick, I rolled a 1*

His hands must have been shaking or thesweat pouring from his brow, or some other clue must have given him away,. what ever it was, his ruse was over.

*OOC: does he need to roll inititive now?*

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: That depends. First, let's answer the following question: Do you want to play the doppelganger, masquerading as Renaldo? From a purely game mechanical perspective, the doppelganger (currently disguised as Estelle) and the dark eyed half-elf will mop the floor with poor Renaldo if a fight breaks out.

IC:

Estelle's eyes narrow dangerously, "Looks like I underestimated you."

The half-elf sneers, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. He says to Estelle, "I don't pay you to make mistakes. Deal with him."

Estelle's form shifts and warps, until finally Renaldo finds himself looking at...himself.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: hmmm, let me guess: iniititive, right?

initititive:

1d20+3=23

OOC: how is that for an extream! a nat. 1 followed by a nat 20!!

combat info:
A/C: 16, ff:13, touch: 13, hp: 17

Remove ads