Paths of Legend: The Journey

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
50 gold piece item to save his life: it was worth it!

PS: I hope you laughed. it was ment to have a strong comical element to it. I wonder if eathandrew read this inter change.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

OOC: ok, here we go again.

Renaldo D'Argaussi ac: 16; touch: 13 ff: 13, hp 17/17

inititive:1d20+3=20 sweeeeet!

Renaldo moves into a position to flank with Aleera, then pretends to attack to the left, but is actually looking to fake out his oposing thug.
"Ha ha, Ho ho!"
1d20+6=8

first round:
improved feint: can make a a bluff to leave the opponant flatfooted as a move action. this bluff is countered by a sense motive by the opponant with a bonus equal to the BAB of the recipiant of the feint.

std action will be to attack

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Initiative Order

20 - Renaldo
18 - Four Thugs
11 - Aleera

OOC: Go ahead and make your attack. You can also revise your move action if you like since the thugs start the combat flat-footed (so a Feint won't have any added effect this round).

Scott DeWar

OOC: ok then, he will try his feint next round then! for now he will still manuver so there is a thug between he and aleera. with no map, I am not sure how to tell you more then that.

"cat and ouse it is mi lady."

Renaldo moves to flank with Aleera drawing his dagger and rapier. he salutes the thug between them and harries him to the best advantage of the situation.

"so you are the first to wish to die, eh?"

1d20+6=12, 1d6=2, 1d20+5=9, 1d4=1

OOC: hope the rapier at least hits!

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The thugs apparently have some kind of light armor hidden under their cloaks as Renaldo's rapier is deflected by it.

OOC: Just noticing that Renaldo doesn't have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, so his attack modifiers when attempting it should be +2 with the rapier and -3 with the dagger. You do, however, get a +2 flanking bonus.

The thugs converge around the swashbuckler and the elf, attacking with knives.

First two against Renaldo; Second two against Aleera (1d20+3=11, 1d4+2=6, 1d20+3=4, 1d4+2=3, 1d20+3=21, 1d4+2=3, 1d20+3=7, 1d4+2=5)

Aleera is stabbed in the arm by the thug between her and Renaldo, blood flowing freely. Her eyes narrow on the thug and she comes at him with her longsword.

Longsword attack (+2 flanking bonus); Damage; Sneak Attack Damage (1d20+6=16, 1d8+1=4, 2d6=10)

Blood splatters on Renaldo as the thug's spine is severed. He's dead before he hits the ground. Aleera's grimace of pain from her wound has turned to a menacing bloodthirst. There is an intensity to her now that makes her seem almost like a different person.

OOC: Make a Spot check, please.

Round 2

OOC: Next action - Renaldo

Scott DeWar

OOC: no 2 wpn fghting. how did i miss not taking that? ugh

spot check: 1d20+2=5

clueless as usual, Renaldo will manuver to put another guard between he and aleera, if possible, this time he uses his rapier only.

1d20+6=18, 1d6=6 attack of 20, if he safely manuvers to flank

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Renaldo stabs the thug through the chest and he falls to the ground, dying.

The remaining two thugs are suddenly rethinking their plan and turn to run. OOC: Renaldo can make an Attack of Opportunity on one of them.

Aleera turns away from Renaldo, ignoring the retreating thugs, breathing heavily and covering her face. She seems to be trying to calm herself.

Scott DeWar

1d20+6=7, 1d6=2 (even with flanking this is a miss i am sure)

*swish!*

As the thug escapes Renaldo looks to the lady Aleera and asks with genuine concern, "Are you alright m' Lady? You are bleeding, you need help now! We must hurry back!"

He re-sheaths his rapier and offers his hand for assistance.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Aleera snarls, "I'll be fine. Leave me be. Go back to the others and tell them what you've seen. Go!"

She turns to face him for a moment and Renaldo sees a serpent's eyes instead of her normal eyes. She turns away again and heads back down the alley, away from Renaldo, at a hurried pace.

OOC: We'll put Renaldo back into the regular IC with the next update.

Remove ads