Paths of the Damned, Pt. 1: Through the Drakwald

Iron Captain

First Post
Grimkrag climbs off the horse somewhat clumsily and surveys the wreckage. His gaze is stern and hard. He has seen many bodies in his life and these will not be the last. He moves to one of the carts and grabs a part of it. He motions for some of the other men to help him.

"Hurry now! We musn't waste any time."

[sblock=OOC]Will Power Test (1d100=59) Failure. Spending a Fortune Point to reroll.
Will Power Test Reroll (1d100=18) Success![/sblock]

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
[sblock]Wilphe: If you'd like, or if anyone would like, a Common Knowledge (The Empire) Test can be made to see if you can recall anything about the name Delberz.[/sblock]Winifred: The corpses have been stripped bare of anything valuable.

Everyone: Dietrich and some of the guardsmen gesture towards you. "Bring the bodies over here." They gesture to a small roadside clearing just off to the side of where the roads intersect, marred only by a faded wooden sign, on top of which sits a plump raven.

The main road itself is extremely well used, but the other fork in the crossroads quickly becomes little more than a narrow, overgrown, forest track. The sign rests at the foot of this path. Granny Moescher seems enthralled by the bird and starts to walk towards it, only to suddenly stop in her tracks. "Fahndorf...my family came from there." She looks to the ground. "My father died there."

Iron Captain

First Post
Grimkrag helps lift the corpses to the designated spot. As he hears Granny lament he takes off his helmet and wipes his brow with the back of his hand. He looks to the sky as he is reminded of his father and brother who fell in battle before his very eyes. He sighs, looks to the ground and puts his helmet back on.
He thinks of saying something to Granny Moescher but then simply returns to the bodies to carry another one out of the way.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Winifred gives a shrug, "Well I thought I'd find nothing and I was right. Let's go, if we stay around here long enough someone'll be burying us, and that's if we are lucky." She helps to move the bodies into the burial spot, leaving Granny to her own thoughts.

OOC:
[sblock]http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=515454

14 v Target 51 = Success[/sblock]

Lot

First Post
Ottokar works on moving the bodies, ocassionally stopping to spend time with Granny. He doesn't say much but he hangs around in case she needs a shoulder to lean on.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the lack of healing rolls. I wasn't sure if someone could be healed multiple times in a day by different people. If they can't, I assumed Granny had the better roll. I'm okay with pushing things alone at this point in terms of healing.

Common Knowledge: The Empire: 55 (failure)[/sblock]

Old Fezziwig

Winifred:
The symbol is a common symbol for the various Merchant's Guilds of the Empire. Apparently the caravan came from Delberz, a trading hub to the west of here located on the River Delb.

Everyone: Granny says nothing more, and the rest of you continue to work, quickly clearing the bodies off to the side, where Dietrich is standing. Just as you pull the last corpse over, Dietrich, moving to help with burial, shouts out in alarm, quickly disappearing from view. You hear a loud thump and a cry of pain.

Iron Captain

First Post
Grimkrag quickly draws his axe. He looks around to see if he can make out where the shout came from or what Dietrich was warning about but is confused by the sudden excitement.

He straps his shield to his left arm and then holds his axe up high, ready to face any danger.

"By the elder's beard what is going on?"He shouts as he looks to his companions to see if they might have seen something.

[sblock=OOC]Perception test 1d100=80 Failure.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Seeing Father Dietrich vanish, Falandror rushes forward, bow in hand, looking for attackers. Seeing none, the elf moves to where Father Dietrich was standing when he fell.

Old Fezziwig

[sblock]OOC: Careful there -- Dietrich is not a priest, just a very devout man in this case. It's a slight modification of the adventure, but nothing too severe. Anyhow, I'll have a proper move tonight.[/sblock]

Remove ads