Patrons And Fiendlords (aka Deities and Demigods)

The Burned Man

First Post
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/dx20020405ex

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/we/we20020406a

I think the rules from D&Dg will make it possible to quite easily stat the Patrons and the Fiendlords.

The seven patrons will propably at most be demigods.

The fiendlords will also range from demigod status to lower.

I would place the Child God as a lesser deity...

I liked the beggar god example (a 1st level god) as an example of someone gaining access to the divine energies (the blood of the gods flowing through the world).

--------------------

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's not OGC, and we've all seen how WotC is tightening down on that sort of thing recently.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Morrus said:
It's not OGC, and we've all seen how WotC is tightening down on that sort of thing recently.

Now hold on here...they are giving us a set of rules to follow from the DinDemigods book and we can't use them when it's out? I think thats a lil strange...I think the gods are definately NOT ogc but the rules will be..tell me if i am wrong...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They're not OGC right now. I have no idea what WotC's plans are in that regard, but SRD updating isn't exactly high on their prioirity list. I'm not holding my breath...

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Morrus said:
They're not OGC right now. I have no idea what WotC's plans are in that regard, but SRD updating isn't exactly high on their prioirity list. I'm not holding my breath...

so we couldn't use any of the info in the books to display it to a website? We would only be limited to using it in house and not online? Seems odd to me...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Leopold said:

so we couldn't use any of the info in the books to display it to a website? We would only be limited to using it in house and not online? Seems odd to me...

May seem odd, but that's how it is.

Yes but doesn´t that only apply for publishers and NOT for fansites?

Not that I've heard. There is, to my knowledge, no policy regarding fan sites. Do you have a source for that?

The best anyone can hope for is that WotC will ignore or not notice such a thing. And I can tell you from experience, that is not the case when it comes to this site. Thus the recent conversions incident, and emails from AV to Michael Morris (the guy who did the Dusk stuff).

Last edited:

The Burned Man

First Post
Huh.

Well even if we cant use the D&Dg "directly", you can use it indirectly (like wotc did in CoC, ie the Cthulhu "deities" use the same rules, their simply baked in to the statblocks).

Ie when we´re later discussing power levels "in-house" (here on the forum) we can use the DR for instance to judge the varying powerlevels of patrons/fiendlords/others...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, WotC can use the material, naturally. They own it.

As long as we're careful we can probably do it. Specifically, we'd have to avoid using terms from D&Dg until/if they appear in the SRD.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Morrus said:
Well, WotC can use the material, naturally. They own it.

As long as we're careful we can probably do it. Specifically, we'd have to avoid using terms from D&Dg until/if they appear in the SRD.

i say use the stats, feats, and so forth but do NOT use the labels, ie demigod(14) etc.

Remove ads