• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[pbp] Recruitment for SMACK: Seriously Munchkinistic Acts of Casual Killing!

Jeremy

Explorer
About half the netbook is the SRD feats reprinted, but the other half goes through review by committee and is ranked on balance, purpose, power, portability, complexity, compliance with 3e rules, and overall.

Quite a few published feats do not undergo this amount of scrutiny.

Check it out, there's some really good stuff in here amidst the fluff.

www.netbookoffeats.org

Jeph

Explorer
Downloaded the NBoF, they put some of the stuff in the Psi Hb (*cough* unavoidable strike *cough*) to shame, balance-wize. :) I was sure you'd show up some time, Jeremy. Well, I think that's 8:

Reapersaurus,
Garyh,
Buzzard,
DM_Matt,
Elric,
Janos,
Sollir, and
Jeremy.

I will now create a rogue's gallery thread, and everyone listed above should post a finished munchkin within a week. Then, I'll consider them for a few days, and choose the 4 to be in the game thread, and ask them to highlight their munchkins in their favorite color. :)

-Jeph

reapersaurus

Explorer
3 questions:
1) I saw the NBoF, and what do you say about the Divine feats? ;)

2) What are the chances of getting to take a peek at that cat-race?

3) Does anyone have some detail about the Divine Hammer PrC from the Quintissential (Cleric or Paladin?) book?
I know it needs Power Attack and CLeave, BAB +7.
Gets CHA bonus to attack AND damage at first level if you burn a turn attempt.
What does it get at 2nd and 3rd?

Last edited:

Jeph

Explorer
I recomend the Shiba Protector to the Divine Hammer. Prereqs are for 5th level characters, and they get their Wis bonus to Attack and Damage ALL THE TIME! This is extremely deadly when combined with a kensei, two flaming burst picks, and a ranger/fighter/sohei/barbarian. :)

I don't have the book with the cat-race, I'm not even sure If they fit the ECL requirement. I'll call Corlon, and get the stats/book.

The Divine feats look very balanced, almost all got ratings above 4.0.

reapersaurus

Explorer
I'd love to use the Sohei, and have it as an optional build for my character, but I need BAB in the first 8 or so levels to get to Singh Rager.
The Shiba Protector, does it have +1BAB per level? I'll see if that's better than fighter - I'm looking for +1BAB per level classes that give combat benefits (preferrably taking advantages of CHA, so I don't need to pump both WIS and CHA).

I'm sure buying the magic items is going to come out close, I'll be haggling for every gp, most likely.

Hey - what about Crafting them? Specifically, the XP cost?

Jeremy

Explorer
Generally I'd recommend you have 120,000 XP and 260,000 GP to spend in whatever way you choose. Be it item creation (saving money but costing XP), extensive multiclassing (occasional benefits but possibly costing XP), etc.

But I's not the DM. :)

What method are we using for hit points?

My preliminary submission is up in the other thread.

DM_Matt

First Post
Elric and have had a nearly complete uberfighter for a few days now...I think that will be his submission. We are working on a mage. Unfortunately, it looks like our various attempts at exploiting Maho are reaching a dead end, so we are going to need a new ploy.

Jeph

Explorer
The Shiba Protector has Cleric BAB, but if you have Wis 32, it makes up for it 20 times over. :) It also gets a Haste ability at 6th level or so, pretty nice SR at high levels, Aid Shugenga, and bonusses to saves vs. spells. and the 10th level ability, One With All and Nothing, lets you use your highest ability modifier in place of another ability modifier, a number of times per day equal to your highest ability modifier.

Yeah, you get 260,000 GP, and 120,000 XP. I already said 50 point buy, right? And take half the die max +1 HP per level (3 for d4, 4 for d6, 5 for d8, 6 for d10, 7 for d12), no max at 1st level.

BTW, I'll let people take Extra Rage and Extend Rage for things like Defensive Stance, Ki Frenzy, and Frenzy. They're all 'rage-like abilities' in my book.

reapersaurus

Explorer
when you said "no alignment restrictions", that doesn't mean i can add Tribal Protector levels or Barbarian levels to Paladin and Singh Rager levels, right?
Jeph said:
I don't have the book with the cat-race, I'm not even sure If they fit the ECL requirement. I'll call Corlon, and get the stats/book.

The Divine feats look very balanced, almost all got ratings above 4.0.
Please call Corlon. :)

We'll see if you think the Divine Feats are balanced when I get thru with them. ;)

And is Riposte the most broken damn feat you've ever seen, or what?!
Hey, give me a AoO whenever you miss me - ya, there's call for THAT in the game. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Remove ads