D&D (2024) People on this forum are creating confusion. Not WotC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The real irony is few people are arguing that Tales of the Valiant is a new game but a lot of people argue that the updated rules from WoTC are. It may be a legitimate discussion as Morris indicates but it is clear it is driven in large part by animosity of some people on these threads towards WoTC.

so what does that mean when is that buy ONLY WoTC books and are actively trying to help playtest and make the game the best they can… but also disagree with what we have seen?
Not trying to be rude but I don’t understand what you are trying to communicate.

And still, WotC can state their opinion and their intent (not invalidating old content) without being liars.

And now they are reversing innovations that I really liked because of the constant claims of stealth edition change and I hate that.
At this point I really wish that WoTC had retooled the DMG and MM and instead of updating the PHB had offered a book of optional rules like weapon masteries and things like that.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Not trying to be rude but I don’t understand what you are trying to communicate.
They’re saying they love WotC and the products they make, but still think what they’re seeing in the UAs looks like something they would describe as an edition change, which doesn’t exactly fit with your assertion that the “it’s an edition change” perspective is coming from animosity towards WotC.

HammerMan

Legend
I am a HUGE WoTC fan boy. I don’t have a 3rd party to back. I don’t have a bone to pick with WoTC. Heck I wasn’t even that upset during the OGL thing.
I think WoTC is wrong this is like an edition change and will be a break for people.

So your theory about “having a bone to pick with WoTC” doesn’t work to dismiss me. There are at least 2 other posters who play WoTC d&d don’t use 3rd party books and is trying to make WoTC products the best BUT also agree this is an edition change by another name.

HammerMan

Legend
They’re saying they love WotC and the products they make, but still think what they’re seeing in the UAs looks like something they would describe as an edition change, which doesn’t exactly fit with your assertion that the “it’s an edition change” perspective is coming from animosity towards WotC.
Exactly.

Thank you. I am willing to concede that some of the people debating whether this is an edition change like 5th edition and not driven by animosity however I also see a lot of the usual characters who don't play 5th edition at this point and have been vocal in their nearly constant criticism of anything WoTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads