• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Phyrric Legacy - Shackled City IC Thread

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Land Outcast said:
"The skulk said they didn't use the doors... did we examine all of their tunnels?"
"Not yet, Master Remen. But their tunnels possess more of them, which I was trying to avoid. We will need to backtrack to get there, and I think checking the rooms we can access on our way may give us the opportunity we need to bypass them."

Legildur

First Post
Flannad stores his short bow, his weakened state making it hard to draw in any case. He removes his backpack. "Can someone please carry this for me?" he asks. "It's only small, but I feel weakened from the spider and need to lighten my load to retain my agility for this palce."

Flannad will then, alchemist's fire in hand, start up the stairs towards the children.

Malvoisin

First Post
Legildur said:
Flannad stores his short bow, his weakened state making it hard to draw in any case. He removes his backpack. "Can someone please carry this for me?" he asks. "It's only small, but I feel weakened from the spider and need to lighten my load to retain my agility for this palce."

Flannad will then, alchemist's fire in hand, start up the stairs towards the children.
(OOC: Legildur, I'm not sure what stairs you're referring to here...) :confused:

Legildur

First Post
<correction> Flannad, now with a lightened burden, moves back to the door to the north west that the group believes leads to the children. He checks the door again to try and discern what sort of effect the mechanical trap may have.

Malvoisin

First Post
Legildur said:
<correction> Flannad, now with a lightened burden, moves back to the door to the north west that the group believes leads to the children. He checks the door again to try and discern what sort of effect the mechanical trap may have.
Legildur returns to the 'N' door, and studies it again. He observes a series of tiny holes that run horizontally across the center of the gear door. He can't tell any specifics, but he suspects these holes may release a gas or mist of some sort if triggered.

Attachments

• Jzadirune100606.JPG
    Jzadirune100606.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 69

stonegod

Jon examines their map closely. "Hm. Well, there is that 'U' door in the large room with the lights. There is also a possibility that this skulk tunnel in northern part of the light room may go to where we wish---its eastern branch may be fruitful."

Legildur

First Post
"But this is the way to the children," whines Flannad as he points at the door. "The door is trapped with some sort of poison gas. I don't know what sort, but I have the antitoxin in my system already."

"I will do as you wish. If you want to follow the skulk tunnel, I will scout that. But this door has a mechanical trap - not a magical one. I stand an even chance to bypass the trap."

"And if it goes wrong, I have Dowlee to treat me,"
he adds with a slight blush at the halfling.
[sblock=ooc]If the group elects to try the door, then Flannad will attempt to Disable Device +11. Otherwise he'll stealthily scout the Lurk tunnels with an alchemists fire in hand.[/sblock]

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"Every minute we delay, the children's situation worsens. If this one believes he can survive whatever mad obstacle the gnomes have left in our path this time, let us stand back and give him room. Either he will be proven right or the gods will kick some humility into him. Talk is for courtrooms. Now is the time for action."

stonegod

Jon looks to be ready so say something, then defers. "As you wish, Sir Arak." Jon stands down the corridor from the door, however.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads